Everyone is a GM Employee!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
You could install a spring-loaded dummy pedal for the full placebo affect. :D

SkaredShtles said:
Still nothing to do with the left foot.

I want something to keep my left foot happy.

You can keep your damn "Tiptronic" crap. :p

-S.S.-

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
IMO, all auto manufacturers have there strong points & weak points when it comes to their products. We have an '02 Tacoma & it has been an outstanding truck; absolutely NO problems at all. The same has been true for my parents 4-runner, my father-in-laws Corrola, etc, etc.
However, I also owned an '02 Ranger (V6, auto, 4wd...same set-up as the Taco). The Ranger drove better, had more power, and a more plush interior. The devil was in the details, however, and we sold the Ranger; it lacked the attention to fit & finish the Yota had.
Prior to that Ranger I had a '92 Ranger that we absolutely drove into the ground. I sold it with 220k and we never had a single problem beyond routine maintenance. The same goes for the old Bronco II we owned for years (which is still on the road today with ~250k on the odo).
Concerning Chevy's, I think they excel at engines, trannies, and powertrains, but fall short (much like the fords) when it comes to going the extra mile with fit & finish. Headliners droop, knobs fall off, paint fades, leaks occur, etc, etc...a ten year old GM product ussually looks like hell but runs quite well.
With all that, I'm not a Ford, Chevy, Yota, whatever guy. The only vehicle I have any allegiance to is an old CJ7 that makes it out of the garage from time to time...and the worst GM product today was built a hell'uva lot better than that old hell wagon. I should have sold it long ago and cut my losses...but dang it's cool, and you can't put a price on cool! Ha ha :D