Quantcast

Everyone's Ride Gallery

hurry up and build it. That RL-9 is gonna make rocks and dirt of fontana seem like a hard packed fire road. You got the gold one right?
well, i wont be able to make the first race because i have a school surf contest in OB both days, and the bike wont be rideable until sometime later next week, i'm getting all of my new stuff from Sully on Saturday but need to build up my brakes and get my headset pressed... unless there is some way to do it with a vise or something...

i'll make the last four though! ive got a factory bike(i got the red and black one) that came with a factory sponsorship to ride in these!!! i've just gotta

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise

I'd put a piece of plywood up against the cups instead of washers. Just to make sure I don't bend anything. Tap the cups in till they seat a little then press it in. You can do it in a vice, but make sure you press on the entire cup instead of just a certain section.

See you next race and good luck on the beach.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I'd put a piece of plywood up against the cups instead of washers. Just to make sure I don't bend anything. Tap the cups in till they seat a little then press it in. You can do it in a vice, but make sure you press on the entire cup instead of just a certain section.

See you next race and good luck on the beach.
that looks exactly like my headset press!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
What a nasty weather we had today..

Overall, the course is pretty fun. It keeps you busy. A bike-handling course. Besides, where in the US in winter you could be in one place, on a course riding behind/along Chris Kovarik and other big name pros? Yeah, Fontana sucks, but so is your ice box and scraping frost off your windshield. :p

Sluckie, the 2007 Southeast Asian Games DH silver medalist.

Zutroy

Bison

Nanhar, faster than most of you e-bike techies.

Too poor to own gloves and pads.

Crap, I have to get some sleep for the race tomorrow...

TJ, wash your pads....

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
the rest of the pics from Sat practice...

Sluckie

Bison

Bison, backsiding it

wanna-be-Bison

Viva Mexico

Michelle Rivera

Nancy and Roger. Roger always lagging behind Nancy. Sucka!

Shaq-fu ninja line

Sluckie sporting the special edition Darth Vader thermonuclear lens trying out the D-Line on the rocks.

..but ended up in the E-line

"I don't need elbow pads." -Sluckie -Southeast Asian Games Silver Medalist

Joy -back from motherhood and back kicking ass.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Whatever I said about the awesome weather on Saturday, scrap that for Sunday.
God flicked the switch and turned Fontana into a wind tunnel.

BC VAN

IFL

Waylon Smith

Some pros

Today was a bad hair day for me.

MPire Strikes again!!!

JD Schwag

Nancy

Steph

Christine made sure the number plate was high enough above the bar.

Charles

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Awww, no pictures of my gnarley over the bars crash? Haha...I'm 356 F.

Anywhoo...those are some pretty sweet pics! Ya, today sucked and I had to have a restart after already doing almost half of my run...then I somehow got placed in with the Sport women! Haha...not a good race day at all, but props to the person that picked the course! That was SWEEEETTTTTT (without the wind,lol).

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Took this the day after I got my M3 about a year ago (I was going through old photos and found it). It's my two babies (one is for sale too....and it will NEVER be my bike, lol).

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
The constant 40+ MPH gust even out the playing field for all, whatever, Bob still sucks.
He beat me soundly, but he still sucks.

One of the dude in our class clipped in, pedalled and 2 ft. out of the gate got blown to the side against the rock. Complete stall.
I laughed (but later found out, it was not that funny when it happens to you). :(

Lovebunny is back and trashtalked his way to a 5th place podium finish.

Onto the drag race..

Andy, Lovebunny's bro

Sluckie

Ultranoob

The gun that fired the loudest shot this afternoon

Throw down slamma jamma at fontanarama

Kyle "Shanbhag" Strait

Watch out for this up and coming kid

Teej, apparently boobs aren't automatic for the people all the time.
Annette didn't get the pizzas to arrive on our table sooner.

Treat her right, foo. She's a cool sport.

Lovebunny, on 5th place (and not really even "on" the podium, according to his GF) picked up new sponsors for 2008. Right Guard for Men and AXE.

Pro podium. Socal transient resident bagged it. Go Kovarik!!!

goddam wind...

Nice to see familiar and new faces. See y'all in two weeks.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Well, I hate my camera with a passion so I only took a small handfull of photos during this trip to Fontana. I'm hoping to actually get some DH shots next time though.

L

LFB

Cool pics!

That wind blew! Seriously! If I wasn't being blown off the trail, I was being blown to a complete stop at times - that blew hard!

Does anyone have any photos of 117D (the only hardtail in the vet pro class), or #25 from 4X?

Thank you!

Lee

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Cool pics!

That wind blew! Seriously! If I wasn't being blown off the trail, I was being blown to a complete stop at times - that blew hard!

Does anyone have any photos of 117D (the only hardtail in the vet pro class), or #25 from 4X?

Thank you!

Lee
Sorry Lee, my wife ran back down to the parking lot soon as I passed her on my race run. She has had enough of the sandblasting after the semi pros. She missed taking a pic of Kovarik bec of the gust.

Jody and a bunch of others were out on the course. Downhillnews.com's Ian takes awesome pics too and Phototurbo.com

L

LFB

Ozzer, that's a good reminder...the photographers out there went through more hell throughout the day than anyone. Compared to what they went through, my hike from the shuttle van to the top of the hill then the 3 or so minute run down was nothing. Kudos to all of them for sacrificing their bodies and expensive equipment for the sake of taking photos! :clapping:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Ozzer, that's a good reminder...the photographers out there went through more hell throughout the day than anyone. Compared to what they went through, my hike from the shuttle van to the top of the hill then the 3 or so minute run down was nothing. Kudos to all of them for sacrificing their bodies and expensive equipment for the sake of taking photos! :clapping:
Word.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
No leg extension on my no footer pic... Try taking them from the other side (to be lit up by the sun, next time). :D

I didn't crash on the race run, but was blown off the course, then had a hard time getting through the course tape. 9th...

ifouiripilay

Chimp
Sep 1, 2005
san diego, north park
oz, always inspiring photos. only if my lady was down w/ biking, then life would be better. i need to find a babysitter so i can ride. ade where's the demo? got a stretch of days off in a few wks. hopefully i can ride w/ you guys.

L

LFB

You're welcome...although I'm not as good lookin' as Ozzer.

2Wheel-Lee (on STR)

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
No leg extension on my no footer pic... Try taking them from the other side (to be lit up by the sun, next time). :D

I didn't crash on the race run, but was blown off the course, then had a hard time getting through the course tape. 9th...
hey pat tricks are for kids. maybe if you learned to actually ride a bike rather than all that hippity hop parking lot fun stuff you would have come closer than 20 seconds off my time. oh well theres allways next time:busted::busted::busted:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
[00:32] lovebunny1201: you cant use the wind as an exuse
[00:33] DirtPile26: it was friendly for you
[00:33] lovebunny1201: there was 1 rider between us
[00:33] lovebunny1201: which means we were barely a minute apart. 40 seconds by the bottom
[00:33] DirtPile26: it blew me past the pole with tape on the left turn before the rock jump of death
[00:34] lovebunny1201: thats where learning how to ride a bike comes in
[00:34] lovebunny1201: i got blown off course at the drainage ditch
[00:34] lovebunny1201: but you dont see me making exuses
[00:34] DirtPile26: in practice it blew me over the worst line there
[00:34] DirtPile26: because you beat me
[00:35] lovebunny1201: i didnt win
[00:35] DirtPile26: also, your bike is probably 6 pounds heavier, so it was less affected by wind
[00:36] lovebunny1201: lol
[00:36] lovebunny1201: your rediculous
[00:36] DirtPile26: I try
[00:37] DirtPile26: oh, and you're*

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Orv, check out the photo on page 18 with the "bad hair day" comment. Tell me that doesn't look like Loo with a blond wig!

When are you coming out east? Bring Blong with you when you do. I am going to try to leave a weeks worth of vaca time for a possible east coast tour. I hear Sunday river has re-opened with epic reviews; that makes eleventeen places within a 3 1/2- 4 hr drive.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Orv, check out the photo on page 18 with the "bad hair day" comment. Tell me that doesn't look like Loo with a blond wig!

When are you coming out east? Bring Blong with you when you do. I am going to try to leave a weeks worth of vaca time for a possible east coast tour. I hear Sunday river has re-opened with epic reviews; that makes eleventeen places within a 3 1/2- 4 hr drive.

AND RABIE IS GHEY!!!
Dunno about this year. We have a cruise lined up courtesy of work. Only catch is we have to give up our vacation hours for the cruise.
We'll see.