Quantcast

Everything I thought she could be.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Even as Sarah Palin’s public voice grows louder, she has become increasingly secretive, walling herself off from old friends and associates, and attempting to enforce silence from those around her. Following the former Alaska governor’s road show, the author delves into the surreal new world Palin now inhabits—a place of fear, anger, and illusion, which has swallowed up the engaging, small-town hockey mom and her family—and the sadness she has left in her wake.
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2010/10/sarah-palin-201010
For those of you whose attention span is as long as your dicks, the short version: Palin = Self serving, vindictive, paranoid, vacuous bimbo with an ax to grind.

When Devon calls to tell her that Glenn Beck has booked the Dena’ina Center, the largest venue in Anchorage, for a speech on September 11, 2010, she sits bolt upright and yells. Immediately, they start trying to figure out what the news might mean. “Listen, listen, listen: Why in the world do you imagine Glenn Beck would come to Anchorage on 9/11? You think he might have a special guest? With a special announcement? Oh,” she says, her whole face falling as the implications of a Palin campaign kickoff hit her, “Jesus Christ.”
:panic: :panic: :panic:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That will get me to vote democrat. If they really want to lose the swing voters, that will do it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
For those of you whose attention span is as long as your dicks, the short version: Palin = Self serving, vindictive, paranoid, vacuous bimbo with an ax to grind.
what's in bold....common among politicians.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That is a Common feeling, which makes me wonder what the hell are the republicans thinking ....

:stupid:
The whole teabagger thing is a monster which the Republicans have freed, fed, and now can no longer control. The incumbent Republican senators from Utah and Alaska were unseated by tea baggers.

Personally, I feel that Palin is going to run for President, not just because she thinks she is qualified, but if she does not, she becomes politically irrelevant.

You don't hear from Ross Perot, Dan Quayle, or Geraldine Ferraro do you? Because they stopped running.

Palin is going to be ripped apart by her Republican brethren during the primaries. They are doing it already to teabag Congressional candidates.

But she has to run if she wants to be continue to be paid. Despite being a losing VP candidate and a half term governor, I notice she still is a lead story on MSNBC. As long she is in the public eye, people want to hear from her, either to love or hate it.

And she will continue to get paid as long as she is relevant.

Last edited:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Just finished reading the whole thing....Holy ****. Doesn't suprise me but damn.

The comments are hilarious as well, MOUTHBREATHERS UNITE!!!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I am predicting a run under the Tea bag banner...and I will move to Canadia or Austrailiania if that bimbo wins.
:stupid:
If that happens you practically guarantee a Dem victory in 2012. Its happening here in Colorado right now. Tom Tancredo running as uber conservative vs. an almost as loony Dan Maes vs Dem John Hickenlooper. I think it was sanjuro that posted the original link, but in the three way race Hickenlooper is up by 18 points. Where as if he was just running against Maes its pretty much a dead heat. I'm praying nightly to FSM for a three way presidential race.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What else did he make up?

The problem, which was first reported by the website Politico, was that the boy the reporter described was another child with Down syndrome.

The mother of that child, conservative activist Gina Loudon, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that she told Gross during the rally that the child in the stroller was her son, not Palin's. She said she tried to make it clear because the two children look a lot alike.

"I told him that. And he ignored it," Loudon said. "It's not even like he didn't fact check – he just ignored facts."

Gross said in a written statement sent to The Associated Press that he was mistaken.

"Trig was with his mother the next day in Wichita (Kan.), but the child in Independence was someone else, and I regret the error," he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/06/vanity-fairs-sarah-palin-_0_n_706485.html

My advice: write a bash piece, keep it accurate or people think you are just making it up.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Funny that the one thing the Palin camp chooses to argue about is the fact that the author mixed up his retard babies. Why wouldn't you choose to argue about any of the more substantive, damning pieces of the article? You know, the parts that make Sarah Palin look like a crazy bitch. The author can’t tell/confuses two admittedly similar looking downs babies apart? Clearly a partisan hack! :rolleyes:

The mother of that child, conservative activist Gina Loudon, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that she told Gross during the rally that the child in the stroller was her son, not Palin's. She said she tried to make it clear because the two children look a lot alike.
Seems to me this is the Palin camp trying to make hay so they can play the whole victim of the “lamestream/gotcha” media card again and the mix up/confusion/whatever of the two babies is the only thing they have to go with. Besides, the baby is Bristols anyway.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Palin is going to be ripped apart by her Republican brethren during the primaries. They are doing it already to teabag Congressional candidates.
People who'd even briefly entertain the notion of voting her into any office are far beyond the ability of a debate to influence their choice. Failure in an intellectual, logical forum or endeavor is likely to be seen as a positive sign; something a mouthbreathing Palinite can truly relate to.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Funny that the one thing the Palin camp chooses to argue about is the fact that the author mixed up his retard babies. Why wouldn't you choose to argue about any of the more substantive, damning pieces of the article? You know, the parts that make Sarah Palin look like a crazy bitch. The author can’t tell/confuses two admittedly similar looking downs babies apart? Clearly a partisan hack! :rolleyes:

Seems to me this is the Palin camp trying to make hay so they can play the whole victim of the “lamestream/gotcha” media card again and the mix up/confusion/whatever of the two babies is the only thing they have to go with. Besides, the baby is Bristols anyway.
I'm not defending Palin. I suppose what I hoped for is that people on the fence might say, "Wow, she's batty and mean".

Now some of those people might say, "The writer had it in for her".

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I'm not defending Palin. I suppose what I hoped for is that people on the fence might say, "Wow, she's batty and mean".

Now some of those people might say, "The writer had it in for her".
I did not mean to imply that you were, just making a general statement in regards to the weak defense up to this point by the Palin camp. As for people still on the fence about Palin, if you were still on the fence by the time this article was printed, your probably not a "reader" any way and you've fallen into the camp of people MikeD is talking about.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
People who'd even briefly entertain the notion of voting her into any office are far beyond the ability of a debate to influence their choice. Failure in an intellectual, logical forum or endeavor is likely to be seen as a positive sign; something a mouthbreathing Palinite can truly relate to.
Exactly...it will label her a woman of the people, a true anti establishment rogue. "Of course she cant debate like all them slick shyster politicos, she is just a humble hockey Mom from small town 'merka! She is one of us! Now where is that cute little 'tard kid of hers?"