Quantcast

Evil bikes back! Suspension! Weagle! Oh Crap!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
since I consider the Orange 224 and the Sunday the 2 best bikes I've ever raced on, I'm pretty sure my head will be just fine. yours on the other hand is probably already a bit too big . . .

funny thing is i've never met a fanboy, just a bunch of a**hats who can't stop talking about them. funny how that works
what does an orange 224 have to do with Mr Weagle?

The comment that offtheedge made implied that if Evil bikes released a DW designed single pivot suspension frame, it would create a paradox between the dw linkage suspension school of thought (First IH, now Turner) and the DW single pivot school of thought.

Or at least that's how interpreted it.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
....i mean, really, you guys are arguing about what you're arguing about.
Just shows how bored I am at my job. And yes, I am actively looking for a new one. Got another interview this week.

Also, don't hold your breath on pics. Fraser mentioned in another thread that Evil is having some sort of limited viewing, invite only secret event at Interbike that isn't going to be on the floor.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
what does an orange 224 have to do with Mr Weagle?

The comment that offtheedge made implied that if Evil bikes released a DW designed single pivot suspension frame, it would create a paradox between the dw linkage suspension school of thought (First IH, now Turner) and the DW single pivot school of thought.

Or at least that's how interpreted it.
Well his split pivot is a single pivot multi link design and DW has already explained pros and cons of the two. His explanation did not create a paradox as I remember it :monkeydance:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well his split pivot is a single pivot multi link design and DW has already explained pros and cons of the two. His explanation did not create a paradox as I remember it :monkeydance:
Has he cleared up the patent situation with Trek so that he can put it into production?

Also, I interpreted the comment as a traditional single pivot design, not the split pivot.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Evil is having some sort of limited viewing, invite only secret event at Interbike that isn't going to be on the floor.
another way of spinning they don't want to pay (or can't justify/afford) the silly floorspace costs. sounds much cooler. though personally i think the shroud of secrecy / hype building marketing meme is farking tired.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
another way of spinning they don't want to pay (or can't justify/afford) the silly floorspace costs. sounds much cooler. though personally i think the shroud of secrecy / hype building marketing meme is farking tired.
I'm tired of marketing in and of itself. Let the product speak for itself.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Sounds awesome to me, has anyone got any better pics?
I'll wait to see one measured up, but on paper the geometry is bang on. DW has clearly had a hand in it, very close to the sunday, just slightly tweaked.

64* HA
13.78" BB
17.32" CS
45.91" WB (large)

And it comes in four sizes (S/M/L/XL), so the large would be for those people like me (5'11) that sit right between medium and large in every other bike.