Quantcast

Evil Carbon?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I didn't see it in the Dirt stuff either, maybe Tyler mentioned it in the audio? As far as I understand, you won't see any pictures of it unless it's a major slip up. No one is going to see it for a bit...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Carbon Evil DH? If at all, I'd guess we see it next season under the race team.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Perhaps Evil should put a little more focus on ensuring quality and availability of aluminum frames instead of working with carbon. Jeez, this is getting ridiculous. :rant:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
My friend's Revolt broke one of the one inch links. he had a new one a week later.

Did you guys see the production SDG "gripper" saddles? I've never felt the need for ass traction. I don't get it.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
My friend's Revolt broke one of the one inch links. he had a new one a week later.

Did you guys see the production SDG "gripper" saddles? I've never felt the need for ass traction. I don't get it.
sounds like you have never ridden in sloppy mud.... butt traction is key

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

In slimey conditions, traction with your butt and inner thighs is key to keeping yourself under control...

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Good god a carbon revolt. You better order one now if you want to race it in 2020. They cant get the aluminum ones out to customers, and they decide to go carbon?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I know nothing about the new evil bikes, i did have a couple of the old ones and they rocked.....BUT, i feel like i should jump in and mention something....

can someone tell me the connection between prototyping a carbon frame, and delays in the availability of the AL frames??????? they're completely unrelated....i don't know anything about the kinks in their logistics, but it's pretty safe to say that the supply chain end of the aluminum bikes(tubing, hardware, machined parts, etc.) has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with testing a carbon bike....do you people really think that if they stopped tinkering with a mold for a carbon frame then production speed would increase on the lathes making machined parts, and welding would occur faster?? i'm pretty sure the guy that welds the frames doesn't have a single F'ing thing to do with the carbon bike and it's inception.....i'm not defending anything they've done, and i know how frustrating it is to wait for a bike, but i'm simply pointing out the fact that this carbon bike that no one has seen isn't creating a longer wait time for your bikes

i could care less though

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
I know nothing about the new evil bikes, i did have a couple of the old ones and they rocked.....BUT, i feel like i should jump in and mention something....

careful, your comment made sense and shows signs of forward thinking.... thats forbidden

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
All I'm saying ...

I've been waiting since June, for what I don't even know? I've been asking many, many times if my frame is under warranty, with the subject usually being avoided in the replies. I'd like to know if my frame is under warranty, and if so, when I can expect any sort of replacement.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Did you break something besides the short pull links? When my friend broke his, the shop just sent in the broken link and a week later two new links showed up. They are much beefier than the originals.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

can someone tell me the connection between prototyping a carbon frame, and delays in the availability of the AL frames??????? they're completely unrelated....i don't know anything about the kinks in their logistics, but it's pretty safe to say that the supply chain end of the aluminum bikes(tubing, hardware, machined parts, etc.) has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with testing a carbon bike....do you people really think that if they stopped tinkering with a mold for a carbon frame then production speed would increase on the lathes making machined parts, and welding would occur faster?? i'm pretty sure the guy that welds the frames doesn't have a single F'ing thing to do with the carbon bike and it's inception.....i'm not defending anything they've done, and i know how frustrating it is to wait for a bike, but i'm simply pointing out the fact that this carbon bike that no one has seen isn't creating a longer wait time for your bikes

i could care less though
Maybe....maybe not. It depends on where their bottleneck is. While the two technologies are totally different.....if, by adding this project, you are thinning R&D resources....or order processing resources....or some other thing within the company, the carbon thing could affect lead times on conventional ones. It really depends how they've laid out their enterprise internally. If one guy is expected to somehow handle both projects, it's possible that one will sit while he's working on the other......

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Did you break something besides the short pull links? When my friend broke his, the shop just sent in the broken link and a week later two new links showed up. They are much beefier than the originals.
the links are easy and cheap to send to the people who broke them...like me on 3 occasions. when you crack a frame like some people on here (me included), it takes months to get "sorted" out.

p.s.: im sick of hearing the phrase "sorted out" too

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
who cares about the supply chain...no idea what the issues are...but it has nothing to do with carbon...

why can't ppl just be psyched they are making some even sicker stuff...

who cares about the supply chain...no idea what the issues are...but it has nothing to do with carbon...

why can't ppl just be psyched they are making some even sicker stuff...

Seems pretty obvious to me.
For example: If you went to a really nice restaurant and were served a bad meal and u sent it back for another.
You wait and wait and while other people who came in after you are being served their food the manager comes over and starts telling you how great next weeks menu is(the carbon bike) and while it sounds superb you are in fact still hungry as heck.

I believe down deep that everyone is stoked on what Evil will come out with but it does in fact annoy people that outstanding(older) issues have not been resolved.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Seems pretty obvious to me.
For example: If you went to a really nice restaurant and were served a bad meal and u sent it back for another.
You wait and wait and while other people who came in after you are being served their food the manager comes over and starts telling you how great next weeks menu is(the carbon bike) and while it sounds superb you are in fact still hungry as heck.

I believe down deep that everyone is stoked on what Evil will come out with but it does in fact annoy people that outstanding(older) issues have not been resolved.
best analogy evaaar

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
They may have had a frame at windham. There was a prototype that they were passing around. I heard someone say "Should this be out in public" Answer: "Ya probably not" I really wish i had my camera with me at that point. I got a look from a far. Looked like it had much sharper angled tubing. It was black. Carbon? Maybe.