Quantcast

Evil Docs

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Im getting a new hardtail and have decided on either the evil doc or the charge blender. http://www.chargebikes.com/bikes/blender/frame_steel.html

I have not found many good high res pics of a Doc can anyone here show there builds (I have searched but not found any high res pictures)

I think I will run a single speed untill I can afford gears so the doc is edging it with the drop outs.

Any other input would help.

Binaural

Chimp
Feb 19, 2006
Sydney Australia
The DOC goes quite well for a trail bike, the slack head angle makes it lots of fun to throw into loose corners (I live around Sydney in Australia, and most of my local trails are sandy). The seat mast is well supported so you can run quite a lot of seatpost extension - I'm 6'5 and while I can't get full leg extension with a 440mm Thompson seatpost it's close enough to be comfortable. Overall, I rate it pretty well as an all around bike :)

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Charge is an english company, right? So I guess that makes it faster.

But really, I'd run a charge to the uniqueness factor. Living in the US, you don't get to see many of those bikes up here. Sure, the drop outs are better for singlespeed on the DOC, so keep that in mind, but once you go to a geared setup, the only real differences would be the geo.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Can you give me a reason? why is it better?
I just like the looks of them. It all depends on how you want to use the bike though, if you want a quicker handling dj/BSX bike get the chrage. If you want a do it all hardtail get the DOC

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Charge is an english company, right? So I guess that makes it faster.

But really, I'd run a charge to the uniqueness factor. Living in the US, you don't get to see many of those bikes up here. Sure, the drop outs are better for singlespeed on the DOC, so keep that in mind, but once you go to a geared setup, the only real differences would be the geo.
Aha, I live in the UK so a Doc is pretty unique!