Quantcast

Evil Imp. knock off /copy frame??

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
just saw it too. that looks super dope. i cannot wait to see the geo on it. i hope the travel is short and the angles are slack, with a ton of standover and a short ST.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
mandown said:
just saw it too. that looks super dope. i cannot wait to see the geo on it. i hope the travel is short and the angles are slack, with a ton of standover and a short ST.
i was already planning on the sluggo.. but now with that 4x fs coming, i might have to wait.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder said:
i was already planning on the sluggo.. but now with that 4x fs coming, i might have to wait.
You'll be happy to know that according to one of their factory riders it will be "the perfect Kenter bike."
Keep an eye out, I'm sure some testing will be done up there...

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
Once I get a job i think i will build up a sluggo with my 6 inch sherman breakout and use it as a trail, urban, and dj bike.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
tgreathead said:
You'll be happy to know that according to one of their factory riders it will be "the perfect Kenter bike."
Keep an eye out, I'm sure some testing will be done up there...
which one the 4x or the sluggo? either way,, nooiiiicccee!! i havent seen a 4x type of bike with a 3-5 inches of coiled, sturdy travel, with 150mm up front,, I think that would be pimp. solid enough out back to jump really well but suck up some of the short landings. having some squish out back woulda prevented the pinch flat i got up there when i cased a dub last weekend.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder said:
which one the 4x or the sluggo? either way,, nooiiiicccee!! i havent seen a 4x type of bike with a 3-5 inches of coiled, sturdy travel, with 150mm up front,, I think that would be pimp. solid enough out back to jump really well but suck up some of the short landings. having some squish out back woulda prevented the pinch flat i got up there when i cased a dub last weekend.
Both maybe, but the 4x for sure. There really is nothing on the market that's got 3" in back that'll boost you off and suck it up so it should be cool. When it comes out I may get a longer travel frame to replace the Preston and get the 4x for everything else.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder said:
mos def on the 4x scoot.. i really want to see that thing in action now.
There was a lot of time put into that design. They could've had it ready for Sea Otter if you can believe that but the designers wanted it to be perfect so they waited. I think it will really pay off, I can't wait to ride it :thumb:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Both Nicolai and Evil came out with the twin top tube HT's at the same time...neither one of them has admitted who's was first...not that it mattered anyway...the same basic design was about 15 years earlier...D

Prechrysler

Chimp
Aug 6, 2004
Slugman said:
You've never heard someone call something 'cheapo' as a negative?

However I do think he just meant less expensive (coughreasonablypricedcough)...
Indeed, the term "cheapo" can oftentimes be construed as a pejorative. However, in the context it was used it obviously meant "relatively inexpensive", not a bash on the possible lack of structural integrity of the frame.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Urban FR'er 666 said:
What GAY-A$$ named that bike??? I wouldn't be caught :dead: riding a "COCK"!!!

The frame looks like a nice design, but that "$H!TTY" name cancles any chance of me buying one!!!
You could always get a Handjob from Cove :thumb:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the x4 bike is designed for a 5" fork and the sluggo is designed for a 7" fork.

i will be getting a sluggo and will be putting the new travis on it. its going to be sweet! also from other experances with soul frames they DON'T biuld **** ty frames. infact they are very high quality and they put a fair amoutn od design into their products. you really have to own one to see what i mean. i would put them right up agianst the higher end companies like santacruz for quality

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
patineto said:
What do you mean are Soul Cycles a Piece of crap...!?!?
I have a Titan and I can not see anything wrong with it,at least so far..

please explain.
Jigga wha?
This is what I said:
escapeartist said:
Whosever design it is Nicolai=much dinero and Soul Cycles=mucho cheapo
piece of crap, caplitalized or otherwise is nowhere to be seen. Check out my sig, i have a huge Soul Cycles link and have for over a year. I guess I should have said mucho inexpensivo, but that just doesnt have the same ring

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
formermtboarder said:
i grabbin a soul cycles roscoe (aka banshee scratch for about a third the price) soon as they come out, sturdy lookin dj/urban frame
I just got a Scratch and love it, I would not ride another FR/DJ/Urban hardtail, period. The Soul Roscoe looks like a cool frame, but I've already been sold on the Banshee. When do they come out Buck? How much, exactly, will they be?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
WKC said:
I just got a Scratch and love it, I would not ride another FR/DJ/Urban hardtail, period. The Soul Roscoe looks like a cool frame, but I've already been sold on the Banshee. When do they come out Buck? How much, exactly, will they be?
Dude is Banshee paying you to advertise for them or something?

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
WKC said:
I wish, but no Mike, they are not. I am just that happy with their frame.
you do sound like it...u could pay a whopping $200 and get the exact same frame minus the banshee badges/logos (like im doin)

and u get the getto ass soul cycles decals!!!!!!!!!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
formermtboarder said:
you do sound like it...u could pay a whopping $200 and get the exact same frame minus the banshee badges/logos (like im doin)

and u get the getto ass soul cycles decals!!!!!!!!!
From what I've seen, the Banshee has a few features that the Roscoe does not, and the Roscoe is still not yet available, right? The Scratch was readily available for purchase, and I needed a new frame then, since I broke my P.1. Either way, the Scratch was still a reasonable $400 whe compared with what some pay for their jumping and street hardtails these days.

.......And I'll try to not sound sponsired next time I say I like a bike.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
formermtboarder said:
what r these features the scratch has that roscoe doesnt? im not being a prick i just dont know
Grind plates on the Chainstays, RAD-style tubing, adjustable sliding dropouts. And a pretty hefty warranty, 2 years unconditional, 10 years after that. Either way, thye are both cool frames, and the Roscoe is not yet available. And the Banshee was available through Re:Cycles

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
WKC said:
Grind plates on the Chainstays, RAD-style tubing, adjustable sliding dropouts. And a pretty hefty warranty, 2 years unconditional, 10 years after that. Either way, thye are both cool frames, and the Roscoe is not yet available. And the Banshee was available through Re:Cycles
oh hell there you go again!

J/K :D