Quantcast

Evil Imp. knock off /copy frame??

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
formermtboarder said:
... anyone else amazed at the incredibly close resemblance between the Sluggo and evil imperial?
Have you read any of this post?

How about any of the emails from Chad?

Or any of the updates on the site?

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Slugman said:
Have you read any of this post?

How about any of the emails from Chad?

Or any of the updates on the site?
yea i know about the permession from the evil guy for the twin to tube ddesign as well as thanks for it, but it still seems kinda weird, i mean thats not the only thing thats the same, almost the entire frame is the same. I actually like the look of the sluggo better though, the titan esque downtube and the drop outs

i was just wondering y u would allow someone to use ur design so similarly...

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
formermtboarder said:
that need twenty-foahs

o ya cool bike
In about a week it will have a set of 24" wheels for urban riding. Ringle DoubleTrack rims to Formula front 20mm hub and Shimano Deore disc rear converted to Bolt-on. I'm putting 24x2.5" Hookworms on those rims.

As soon as I can get one, that wheelset will go well with a Manitou Gold Label 100mm.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
formermtboarder said:
Unless 'Evil' has a patent on the design, it's free to use. And even then - it's pretty easy to get around most patents.

Just look at all the otehr bikes out there that look the same...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
formermtboarder said:
yea i know about the permession from the evil guy for the twin to tube ddesign as well as thanks for it, but it still seems kinda weird, i mean thats not the only thing thats the same, almost the entire frame is the same. I actually like the look of the sluggo better though, the titan esque downtube and the drop outs

you sure you read right...because he didn't have to ask Evil for anything. Evil does not own the twin top tube design nor one does anyone else as far as I know. Once again Evil is not hte first company to use the design. Mongoose, and Torker and few other small brands at the time were using it more than 15 years ago...D

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
I wonder if with the Ruscoe you could run a 130mm fork. I know a few people who run the 66 on the scratch and downhill with it so I wonder if the SC would be strong. Also the Imp- is it Aluminum or Cromo. I know the Roscoe is cromo and I know the Sluggo is Al so yeah.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
DH biker said:
I wonder if with the Ruscoe you could run a 130mm fork. I know a few people who run the 66 on the scratch and downhill with it so I wonder if the SC would be strong. Also the Imp- is it Aluminum or Cromo. I know the Roscoe is cromo and I know the Sluggo is Al so yeah.
The Imperial is definitely Aluminum, as is the Sluggo. The Scratch is designed to be an extremely versatile hardtail, and I think Soul aimed for the same goal with the Rosoce. The Scratch's head angle with a 7" fork is 66 degrees, a good angle for downhill, and single-crowns can defintiely be used for DH, I run a Sherman Breakout on my DH/FR bike.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
formermtboarder said:
you do sound like it...u could pay a whopping $200 and get the exact same frame minus the banshee badges/logos (like im doin)

and u get the getto ass soul cycles decals!!!!!!!!!
I thought they were gonna be $200, Buck.....

........So they are $350 now? The Scratch was $375.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
sublime_mx_311 said:
will the sluggo be availible by x-mas? and how will it compare to the evil imperial in weight/quality/versitilaty/etc?
The Evil is far more expensive, but it is tried, true, an dhas been around for years now, if I'm not mistaken. The Evil has the XXX Dropout system, which is personal preference versus the Sluggo's straight horizontal dropouts, and I think that the Sluggo has a 1 1/8 headtube, while the Evil has a 1.5. Ask formermtnboarder, he knows all about Soul's stuff.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Both Sizes
12mm or 10mm Axles
135mm Rear Wheel Spacing
Disc only
Includes Deity Seatclamp
1.5 Headtube
31.6 Seattube
Recommended Fork 145-170mm
-Medium
Head Angle:68
Seat Angle:70
Top Tube:572mm
Seat Tube Length:355mm
-Large
Head Angle:68
Seat Angle:70
Top Tube:617mm
Seat Tube Length:355mm

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
WKC said:
The Evil has the XXX Dropout system, which is personal preference versus the Sluggo's straight horizontal dropouts
The sluggo does not have straight horizontal dropouts. It uses "machined 12mm horizontal sliding dropouts with integrated tensioners" 'similar' to some of the other sliding systems out there. It also comes in both 10mm QR and 12mm thru.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
peter6061 said:
The sluggo does not have straight horizontal dropouts. It uses "machined 12mm horizontal sliding dropouts with integrated tensioners" 'similar' to some of the other sliding systems out there. It also comes in both 10mm QR and 12mm thru.
Sorry. My bad. I was going off of the picture on their website.