Quantcast

Evil Imp. knock off /copy frame??

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
JacobDW said:
DUDE pick a F@cking froum, dont spam everyone................

hey asshat,, if you bothered to look, i deleted my other post.. :nuts: :nopity:

edit: how is 2 frikkin dup. posts spam? spam is when you SELL $hit,, do you need help rinsing the sand from your vagina?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
oscerthegrouch said:
nicolae has one out now and soul cycles is coming out with one soon.
i think you mean nicolai, their frame cost's much more, and came out a bit earlier, so I don't think it quite qualify's as a cheap knockoff.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
escapeartist said:
Whosever design it is Nicolai=much dinero and Soul Cycles=mucho cheapo
What do you mean are Soul Cycles a Piece of crap...!?!?
I have a Titan and I can not see anything wrong with it,at least so far..

please explain.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i dont care who started it. stop it right now its stupid stuff like that causes problems and doesnt need to be here.

okay soul might be cheap but trust me there awsome sturdy frames just add biggins, and many other members of this forum. there light and have many applications so trust me there great frames. :thumb:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
frznnomad said:
i dont care who started it. stop it right now its stupid stuff like that causes problems and doesnt need to be here.

okay soul might be cheap but trust me there awsome sturdy frames just add biggins, and many other members of this forum. there light and have many applications so trust me there great frames. :thumb:
I see it like being a watch.. you can great watch like Tag for 1k or get a Rolex for 10k.. both damn fine pieces with excellent craftsmanship. one costs more because of the name it carries :thumb:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
frznnomad said:
:stupid:
I've taken my 'Titan' to Diablo, Big Bear, Mammoth and North*, not to mention a ton of local SoCal trails... and it's strong!!! I'm 6'1" and 200lbs, and that bike has held up to everything I've thrown at it.

The Sluggo's geometry is more like the SL (Seth Lolli) version of the Imperial ...

I can't wait to get mine!!!! :love:

Prechrysler

Chimp
Aug 6, 2004
patineto said:
What do you mean are Soul Cycles a Piece of crap...!?!?
I have a Titan and I can not see anything wrong with it,at least so far..

please explain.
Did I miss something. When did he say it was a piece of crap? He said ''mucho cheapo'', meaning that it is less expensive than the Nicolai.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
They should be out shortly, there have been some delays with paint, and Chad wants to make sure everything is perfect before releasing something. He doesnt want it to be mediocore. Also the Sluggo is diff. from both Nicolai and Evil in the fact that it will have i.s.c.g. tabs and you will be able to run a regular axle or a 12 mm. plus the seat tube geometry isnt all crazy laid back putting mucho strain on the seat tube and post. Later Adam

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Prechrysler said:
Did I miss something. When did he say it was a piece of crap? He said ''mucho cheapo'', meaning that it is less expensive than the Nicolai.
You've never heard someone call something 'cheapo' as a negative?

However I do think he just meant less expensive (coughreasonablypricedcough)...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
drt_jumper said:
They should be out shortly, there have been some delays with paint, and Chad wants to make sure everything is perfect before releasing something. He doesnt want it to be mediocore. Also the Sluggo is diff. from both Nicolai and Evil in the fact that it will have i.s.c.g. tabs and you will be able to run a regular axle or a 12 mm. plus the seat tube geometry isnt all crazy laid back putting mucho strain on the seat tube and post. Later Adam
sweet the iscg tabs will be nice :dancing:

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Prechrysler said:
sorry maybe is my ingles that Suck,,because it does..

to me when somebody say..'Cheappo" i imagine,,
"Chessy", half finish, walmart, half ass, mediocre, Mc Donalds, many corners cut,, you know all this things.

I have a nicolai and for sure exudes quality in every detail, the Titan specially if you consider the price is a incredible bike, somehow I got confusee and i interpretate the soul cycles, was like a "Huffy"

mebad.. :nuts:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
drt_jumper said:

Damn, you talk like you are sponsored by them or somthing :D

Jan 29, 2005
I have a titan and I LOVE it!

I am part of the scud program and I must say keep you eye on soul cycles because they have a ton of cool stuff coming out in the near future!

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
i've seen pictures of the frame and it looks amazing, it's not a imperial knock off the only thing in common is the twin top tubes. I wish i had a need for a FR/DH hardtail.

Jan 29, 2005
The pictures remind me of the imp, but the sluggo is still most definately a soul cycle. It sports the signature downtube found on the Titan. Its going to be a super ride

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i love the cock bike.

i want to like the look of the soul cycles, but i hate the taper on the down tube.

as opposed to having a tapir on the down tube -

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
dropsdon'tlikem said:
It sports the signature downtube found on the Titan. Its going to be a super ride
What? The PDF shows a cross section 1/2 way down the downtube that is oval, I thought the Titan's had some squared off downtube?