Quantcast

evil imperial help

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Does anyone know if there is an off company that makes dropouts for an evil imperial? I need a derailleur hanger dropout so that I can run a tensioner

I know that the "new" evil might not stock them, and judging by most people's problems with them over the last few years I haven't even given them a shot...

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
BikeFan84,
Not sure if Wheels Mfg makes any.

Just to note that these hangers were made out of stainless steel. So even if you can get a used one that is slightly bent, it might be worth a shot. Dave used a SS hanger because it can take so much abuse, like the frame. Alum hangers... not so much. A bunch of my friends / owners of the Imperial benefited from this.
There are two drop versions. The more common version is the 'newer' version, which fits all of the Imperial generation frames.

You might want to e-mail Evil anyway. When Evil was sold to the new owners, so did the spare dropout parts for the then existing line up.

If for some reason I can scrounge one up for you, I will. But this magician is running out of rabbits to pull out of his hat.

Michael

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Yeah like Michael said, a used one would work sweet, or if yours is bent, try bending it back. That thing is pretty resilient and was designed to be bent back into shape.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Senor Weagle thank you...

I haven't got one bought the frame used... (ALWAYS WANTED AN IMPERIAL)
I have a doc and love it...

Either Devinci Wilson or Evil Undead as the next bike for me...

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE OVER THE YEARS...

Michael

thank you just don't have one, otherwise straightening wouldn't be an issue...

EMAIL sent to new evil... Ill see what they say...

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Slope thanks

well things just got better I got an email from the guy I bought it off of, he found the hanger...

So happy, once I get it I'll have a few CNC'd up (Back up, bike part file-o-cabinet)

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
on a separate not, does anyone have a high res image of the stock decals so I can get some new ones made>? The originals were under clear, right?

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
I had some made up as vinyl. I've got all the logos made up somewhere. I'll look tonight. The font is excelsior stretched in width slightly. The imperial text was pos arial bold. Can't remember what I used. I'll look anyway