Quantcast

Evil Imperial or Sinister Ridge?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
If you wanna do much of any seated climbing at all, go for the ridge. The imperials way laid back seat angle makes it pretty much impossible. Otherwise, I dunno: both are amazing bikes, though I believe sinister is in some troubles.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I would avoid anything Sinister at the moment given the issues that the company has been having, at least until they come clean about exactly what's happening/happened and allow the people to make a judgement for themselves.

Frankly, I think the Imperial is about as well made and well constructed a frame as you can buy - and Evil Bikes is a company worth supporting. If the Imperial suits your needs, go for it.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
if you're gonna get an imperial you might as well get the SL, it's way sickER because it doesn't have that stupid bar sticking up off the bb cup to run a front derailer, and the dropouts are moveable so you can run it single speed.
Thats just my opinion though, but...... you asked!
I do think the Sinister DNA is a better frame, but you don't want to buy something if they are going to go out of business, because their warranties would no longer be good. Although, I don't think you'd need to use it since their frames are so well made, tested and abused by some very sick riders! I saw E-bot once at the Vans Skatepark, that guy rules, I wasn't very impressed by Porter, (yes I know he doesn't ride for sinister but he was there in the DSR bus with them) and The other guy who rides for Sinister (can't remember his name) But E-bot kills it. SOOOOOO smooth :drool:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
dexterq20 said:
Dave Smutok, winner of this year's Red Bull Bike Battle.
I think that was him, I can't say anything bad about him, he was just working on pulling some sort of sick barspin Funfanu off in a cornor by himself, I think they had been riding all day too. E-Bot was flowing with some serious smoothness though~! Basicly he was killing it! All the BMX kids were in Awe! (very hard to impress bmx kids on a mtb)
Don't get me wrong, I suck, but I just expected more from porter.