Quantcast

Evil Knievel Biography

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Anyone see this on cable the other night? Thought is was funny how he said the motorcycles they jump today could land to flat without a tranny. But it's hard to debate him when you see him on his old-school bikes jumping 100+ feet with three inches of travel.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"But it's hard to debate him when you see him on his old-school bikes jumping 100+ feet with three inches of travel."

I was JUST talking about this with someone, after I saw the show on A&E. I laughed out loud when asked about the dude he beat up with a bat, (he did time for it)
"God created all men equal, and then invented baseball bats to keep it that way"
he said. It was equally funny when he was MFing his Canyon jump engineer......
"I was swearing so loud at him, I can't believe he didn't hear me up there".
Evel had big ones, no doubt.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Dirt Merchant said:
"But it's hard to debate him when you see him on his old-school bikes jumping 100+ feet with three inches of travel."

I was JUST talking about this with someone, after I saw the show on A&E. I laughed out loud when asked about the dude he beat up with a bat, (he did time for it)
"God created all men equal, and then invented baseball bats to keep it that way"
he said. It was equally funny when he was MFing his Canyon jump engineer......
"I was swearing so loud at him, I can't believe he didn't hear me up there".
Evel had big ones, no doubt.
That dude is hysterical...he was arrested at a local strip club a few years back...

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I wish I would have seen that. I'm still a huge fan.
Ok, now to date myself.
The Evil Knievel doll, (uhhh I mean action figure) with the hand crank motorcycle rocked! Evil molested all of my sister's barbies too! lol

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Bullitrider said:
Anyone see this on cable the other night? Thought is was funny how he said the motorcycles they jump today could land to flat without a tranny. But it's hard to debate him when you see him on his old-school bikes jumping 100+ feet with three inches of travel.
I saw a biography on him some years back. If I remember, he beat the he!! out of some reporter, which really led to the downfall of his career and life.

He spend time in jail and the incident basically cost him everything he had, money, house, reputation, etc. From what I remember, the reporter kind of had it coming for an article he wrote in the newspaper...

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I'm not sure. I think it was the History Channel? I'll post if it repeats.

I remember my wind-up Knievel motor cycle toy that would travel about five feet before it fell over. Sweet.

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
I saw it the other night. While he may have been the first to do that stuff, he really didn't have much skill. Lay off the gas while in the air!!! Keep the bike level and you're safe. It's funny watching the carnage. At least Robbie uses a real ramp.

Trigger Gumm, he's da man....277.5 feet Watch the control he has over his bike. That's why he cleared it w/o injury.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
Today, 05:01 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure. I think it was the History Channel?

Yes, it may have been........

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
He still gets the "big cajones award" from me. No speedometer no speed/distance calculations like people use today. JUST GO BIG!!!!!!