Quantcast

Evil Revolt, My New Darling!

tangogeoff

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Coming off a 34.5 pound Sunday I was expecting a lot, but this is unbelievable. Soooooo much more than I expected! It rolls over bumps much better and carries so much more speed through sections. It pumps better, pedals better and the rake/wheelbase makes it absolutely inspiring on steeps.
It has a 34T because I have to pedal everywhere...

36.2 pounds.
63 degrees of rake
Boxxer airs
Superstar micro flats
Elixir CRs
Hope Pro2 hubs, DTSwiss FR5.1 rims
Single ply tubeless GEAX 2.3 dual compound tyres

Thanks to all the guys at Penny Farthings and James at Flo Cycles for your help. I am a very happy man!!!

Geoff
Wellington
tangogeoff@gmail.com

Attachments

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Frame looks great, too bad the parts spec wont allow riding the bike anywhere near its ability.

YEA e-weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I think I am going to take the parts off my 17lb road bike and put them on my DH frame so I can post my DH bike..................

(sorry, but come on...can we please stop this BS)

Last edited:

tangogeoff

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
I spent the money to get the bike that I wanted.

Why do you care if it doesn't meet your requirements?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
What do You mean "63 degrees of rake"? Is this HA measurement taking into account fork rake?

What size is this?
I was hugely surprised by the low standover of an L size Revolt I had between my legs ;) one day... I was like my previous Glory S :O

GTPjon

Chimp
Nov 5, 2009
UK
Frame looks great, too bad the parts spec wont allow riding the bike anywhere near its ability.
Really? I'd have thought tyres and pedals were the only issues here? Add some Minions and full size pedals and it's a 38lb bike - still pretty good, still pretty nice.

tangogeoff

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
The HA is adjustable 63-65 degrees with an 8 inch fork, and this is on the slackest setting.

It's a medium.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
What's the wheelbase and chainstay length as pictured if you don't mind me asking?

tangogeoff

Chimp
Nov 7, 2009
Wheelbase is 47.25 inches/120cm, chain stay (axle to pivot, straight line) is 17.5 inches / 44.5cm.

Yeah, the pedals are small but my bunny hops were never any good anyway. They were cheap and light so I thought that I'd try them. I liked them and left them on. The same with the seat.

We don't have chairlifts here and I'm not in the DH shuttling scene, so it's either pedal or push unless my girlie feels like driving. I've had a Specialized Enduro and just sold a Trance X1. Nice bikes, they went uphill pretty well/very well, but they felt like shopping trolleys when going downhill. So I decided to just buy the frame that I wanted and use light parts.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
The more I look at those, the more I think I need one.

Yeah, me too, followed closely by the Sect to replace my trail bike and finally I'll have two bikes from the same stable and be happy at last..................:weee::weee:

Tangogeoff - nice bike and dont worry about all the haters in here. Everybody bitches at the slightest excuse, its all rather pathetic.

Last edited:

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I have a similar build (not quite as light) and it pedals great. I have a lot of weekdays off so I can't alway find people to shuttle with. Enjoy.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hotness!

The new Gunmetal Ano looks sick in natural light!

Sweet build too - a bit light for me, but very nice nonetheless.

Glad you like her!

:thumb: