Quantcast

Evil Revolt or Morewood Makulu?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Then again, I don't think wearing DH clown suits is cool either, so maybe my good taste is in the minority around here.
dh clown suits are stupid, as is being fully "kitted out" to the T
:popcorn:

This thread's about to get hilarious.

Back on topic, I actually like the aesthetics of the Revolt, but I'll never understand why someone would prefer a white DH bike. Man, those things are a bitch to clean.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
eh, they all show dirt. Ride em once and the glimmer is gone....just check the $1500 of now-used bling on my ride after a day.

Also, I thought the opposite when I saw the bike. On the tubes, I thought it looked like crap and then let out a big yawn. In real life, I was impressed with the build quality and design intricacies...things you can see on the interwebnet....so much so that I'm actually a big fan of it now.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
but I'll never understand why someone would prefer a white DH bike. Man, those things are a bitch to clean.
because the Anno black wasnt available :bonk:

all my bikes have been black, gun-metal or raw.
yes it gets dirty. yes cable rub shows more. yes its faster. i was hoping for the black, but the RC4 WC upgrade cut into my budget

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

Back on topic, I actually like the aesthetics of the Revolt, but I'll never understand why someone would prefer a white DH bike. Man, those things are a bitch to clean.
Actually, white is a lot easier to keep clean than black. but i could care less, i wash it off the same way regardless of color so it looks squeaky clean either way.

ps. clown suits are cooler than camelbacks at a dh race :cupidarrow:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO

ps. clown suits are cooler than camelbacks at a dh race :cupidarrow:
Thanks for proving my point. :thumb:

because the Anno black wasnt available :bonk:

all my bikes have been black, gun-metal or raw.
yes it gets dirty. yes cable rub shows more. yes its faster. i was hoping for the black, but the RC4 WC upgrade cut into my budget
Yeah, I noticed blacks weren't available yet; if I were planning to ride a Revolt, I'd be torn whether to wait for black or order up the white now. There was a young dude at Massanutten with a Revolt (think he won Junior X?), and although I loved the aesthetics of the frame, it looked like it was 5 years old due to all the visible signs of wear that I don't think you'd notice on a darker color. Same thing held true for the Imperials that we made in white for a year there - they looked sick right out of the box, but a month later they looked 10x older than any other color, all things being equal.

Anyway, here's to being an anal retentive fashionista . . .

--JP

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
IH8RICE-
How did you get one with with the RC4 already? I know a guy who talked to a guy who said that it doesn't even arrive in the US until tomorrow...

Maybe I'm just anxious to get mine so I can ride it too. :)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
IH8RICE-
How did you get one with with the RC4 already? I know a guy who talked to a guy who said that it doesn't even arrive in the US until tomorrow...

Maybe I'm just anxious to get mine so I can ride it too. :)
its the limited edition World Cup RC4. i think they came out in December.

i think mine is #161 of 200

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yeah, I noticed blacks weren't available yet; if I were planning to ride a Revolt, I'd be torn whether to wait for black or order up the white now. There was a young dude at Massanutten with a Revolt (think he won Junior X?), and although I loved the aesthetics of the frame, it looked like it was 5 years old due to all the visible signs of wear that I don't think you'd notice on a darker color. Same thing held true for the Imperials that we made in white for a year there - they looked sick right out of the box, but a month later they looked 10x older than any other color, all things being equal.

Anyway, here's to being an anal retentive fashionista . . .

--JP
3M clear vinyl is a wonderful invention. I've used it the past few years on all my bikes (orange, green, black, white) on the parts of the frame that get the most wear: under cables and on the toptube where your knees rub. keeps if from looking clapped after one muddy ride and helps a great deal with resale as well.

the good stuff ($30 for a 10' roll) is super thin and almost invisible to see, but worth every penny.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'll have to check that stuff out. Right now, I use some sort of generic moto tape on my frames, and although it's pretty bomber, it's super thick and hard to work with (unless you get nuts with a heat gun). It does help a ton on resale, though.

Thanks for the tip.

--JP

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Plain and simply, white is in demand globally for every type of bike and bike product...still. I concur that living in the Northeast and riding all knock-knee'd like I do, white frames get thrashed easier. I have owned like 4 or 5 white DH frames in the past 8 years and I kill the top tubes on them b/c of knee pads. 3M tape or clear-bra works wonders though.

-ska todd

chober

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Pasadena, CA
I'm so sad, I might have to sell my Makulu and few other toys, if I can't secure enough financial aid for school this fall! AWwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
make sure you check the fender bolts frequently. mine snapped off because the bolts loosened, but I just drilled it and zip-tied it back on. looks like a very similar build to mine except for the new boxxer. nice.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
make sure you check the fender bolts frequently. mine snapped off because the bolts loosened, but I just drilled it and zip-tied it back on. looks like a very similar build to mine except for the new boxxer. nice.
Thanks for this advice..... i checked all bolts after some runs and everything was ok but i forgot the fender bolts.....

I only have two days on the bike but first impressions are good:D