Quantcast

Evil Sovereign Availabilty?

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Smiftie said:
It's still being made by the Nemsis Project, right?
I remember reading that on the pink bike review for them.
No, this has allready been discussed. Sovereign production has moved out of California.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
To where?

Being from Norcal and having just moved to the EC, I'm worried that buying an Evil frame might just be a little too east coast for me. Does it have "east coast geometry"?

j/k

-rob in NY

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
rpet said:
To where?

Being from Norcal and having just moved to the EC, I'm worried that buying an Evil frame might just be a little too east coast for me. Does it have "east coast geometry"?

j/k

-rob in NY
Probably, I heard this is why they came up with the D.O.C. - IT has Westsiiiiide geometry for those of us on the left coast...too bad they're probably all gone bro...

but this is just internet speculation on my part... :sneaky:

toothless

Chimp
Dec 8, 2002
I Just heard back from Jonas at e13 and the sovereigns will be there in two weeks! :love: You can all commence lusting as this thread rises to the top once again.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
They've been saying that since about Jan 15th.

Didn't you see that thread about "two weeks" in the bike industry?

-r

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
This landed in the office last week - first production sample. A couple of bolts had to be swapped out on each frame for the adjusters (we were sent the wrong ones) and the rest are in paint right now. It will take about a week to paint and a week to ship to us.

BARRING ANY OTHER UNFORSEEN PROBLEMS WE WILL HAVE THESE IN OUR WAREHOUSE IN 2.5 WEEKS.

Fair enough?

--JP

Attachments

toothless

Chimp
Dec 8, 2002
drool. That chainstay bridge looks tight. I'll probably be too scared to grind anything with a frame that pretty though. Nice DOC too, hope you're riding the hell out of it!

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
John P. said:
This landed in the office last week - first production sample.
Curious question comes to mind...Why both sliding dropouts AND the XX dropouts? Why not a longer slider like the DOC?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Bulldog said:
Curious question comes to mind...Why both sliding dropouts AND the XX dropouts? Why not a longer slider like the DOC?
Actually, the Sovereign dropouts slide further than the DOC's.

The reason for the XX dropouts is so you can switch between 24" and 26" wheels at the same dropout position without changing geometry. Sure, not a ton of people will use it, but we thought it was a sick idea to throw in there for the guy who likes to run a 24 for urban/park and a 26 for trail riding.

--JP

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Two weeks you Sovereign Monkeys.
All colors and sizes are still available.
The Sov's are triple butted 853 front triangle and 725 rear end.
Seat tube and head tube are just a little steeper than the DOCs and the BB is a little lower.
The first production one just came in a couple days ago. It was a green one and it came out sicker (I don't think that's a word, but if Bush can do it I can too) than the prototype paint job.

Blizzat!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The Sovereigns are painted, then? At one point I thought DW had said they were going to be powdercoated.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
oh man - you gotta get that thing built up in time for St. Paddy's day!

That green looks great!

Can you post up a few more close-up shots that show off the paint a little bit more??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Um, John, you may want to send that back - I think they forgot to weld your sample... :p

Just kidding, but those are some smoooth looking welds!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I can't wait to see one of those built up as a trail bike with a 5" fork up front!!! Oh baby that'll be one sweet ride for whoever puts that type of build together.

Did I see Dark blue with cream decals??? Holy Crap! :drool: :drool:

That just beat out the green for me!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That green looks really nice - is there some flake in there?
And not only the paint, the frame looks NICE... good work.

- dump

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
binary visions said:
Too busy looking at the pictures, you missed the post ! ;)

The green, plus:
thanks for the heads up - silly me... I thought i read :)

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
FYI, guys, Jonas, the project manager on this, is going bananas trying to get them done in time. The latest hold-ups were:
a.) No frigging company in the entire USA makes or has stock of bolts for the slider adjusters that have both a small enough head to clear the frame and are threaded all the way to the end so that you can utilize the full amount of adjustment offered by the HVS dropouts. We ordered bolts from two different major hardware companies in the US, both of which were supposed to be the correct spec, and both of which were wrong (not threaded all the way to the head). We then called a bunch of other places trying to find them, with no luck at all. Jonas is having them air freighted from a company in Asia in order to have them on time.
b.) The Reynolds 725 stickers (for the rear triangle) were lost in the mail. We're having those air shipped from the UK.

Just goes to show that even a relatively simple project like this can have potentially big hold-ups for seemingly insignificant little things.

FYI,

John P.
Evil Bikes

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
what was your source for bolts on the proto's then? It sounds that it'll be a mite difficult to get a replacement should one get broken or lost.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
So... when will these be in stores? C'mon, hurry up!
I've just crumpled the front end of my "trail" hardtail (a lowly DMR), and want to splurge on the best. The DOC looks mighty tempting, but to spend another few hundred and get better geo for my use would be the way to go... now, hurry up so I can make an impulse purchase, the more time to think about how much it'll cost (a months pay), the more time to change my mind :think:

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
We've had a small snag that set us back a few more days than we wished. They are shipping to us on Monday and we will have them shortly after that. Believe me, as soon as we get them in you see the excitement pouring out of the company. You won't be able to miss it. Sorry about the delay, but condsidering what we've promised for a date, and when they are actually going to be available, I think we've been more accurate than most companies. We didn't underpromise enough - by not by much.

Stay..on.....target..............almost........there.