Quantcast

Evil Sovereigns at Pricepoint.com? Weird

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Got an add from Pricepoint in my inbox today - Evil Sovereigns for sale from Pricepoint.com? Who'da thunk it?

They also have Banshees for sale.

Is this because they can get these frames via QBP or something?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm?stylePkey=14317&offer=EM059EM2

Their price doesn't seem to be that much of a great deal though. $799.00 - can't they be purchased for less at "non sale" prices via other bike shops and online dealers like Go-Ride.com?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I did a dealer locator for Evils and they said Pricepoint had some but I never saw them on the website. That was like 5 months ago and now they finally have some.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I knew that 853 was up there, but I didn't realize it was that high... I heard that when they released 853 the price of titanium took a small drop on the raw market. I'm sure it is a real sweet ride. Kind of a jump bike with a boutique trail hardtail gene splice...

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
AFAIK, Ti has been getting cheaper and cheaper on the raw market over the past 10 years, but that doesn't mean much as it's still a costly material to work with.

The Sovereign is a beautiful bike, so many little touches to complement a fantastic big picture, I haven't found an any off-the-shelf products that are equivilent in both features and quality. If you know of one, let me know, I'm looking for a new project bike to build up soon ;)