Quantcast

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
evil.JPG

Fixed that picture into classic Evil marketting.

The cold hard reality is the process went like this:

2006: *group of friends, none of which know dick all about bike design except dave: Hey we know Dave, he knows a thing or two about suspension, let's get him to design our bikes up and downy thingamajig (because let's face it, kinematics is a word lost on hipsters)
-
-
-*Pretend engineer at Evil "who needs double shear on redonkulasly short linkages, not I, infact, if we cover it in enough stickers and jizz from our hipster marketting circle jerk, we don't even need to do testing"
-
-Profit
-
-2012: *The new baus hipster "hey where'd everyone go? I need someone to answer all these phone calls, something about people wanting a bike they payed for or some bull****, god damn conformists, always want something for their money"......"Hey I know...why don't we give them moar pictures? It worked in 06' amirite?"

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That's what I thought- all these cool pics are making me miss it there and regret not going! Also coulda gawked at the undead ;)

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Who? Privateer or sponsored pro? Me like his setup.
It's Jonathan Allyn, a Jr X ripper for the Big Tree Bikes team out of Seattle. Big Tree has worked closely with Evil since the beginning. Jonathan was 2nd in Saturdays race and won Jr X on Sunday.

And no, he didn't crash, he ripped the sh*t out of that corner. I was standing right next to the photographer when that photo was taken.

-KT

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
It's Jonathan Allyn, a Jr X ripper for the Big Tree Bikes team out of Seattle. Big Tree has worked closely with Evil since the beginning. Jonathan was 2nd in Saturdays race and won Jr X on Sunday.

And no, he didn't crash, he ripped the sh*t out of that corner. I was standing right next to the photographer when that photo was taken.

-KT
Pics of his bike?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I see... I wasn't around for the whole Revolt fiasco so that is going straight over my head.
there was a discussion for a while that the original revolts axle path/leverage rate/pivot position/karmic situation caused "bucking" and that in some video somewhere you could see the rider getting bucked off his bike in a rock garden. this was largely dismissed because "lol internets" but the immediate reference with the first riding shot ever on that bike is pretty clutch.

Looks to me like if he turns any harder, he'll tear knobs off the tire.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
there was a discussion for a while that the original revolts axle path/leverage rate/pivot position/karmic situation caused "bucking" and that in some video somewhere you could see the rider getting bucked off his bike in a rock garden. this was largely dismissed because "lol internets" but the immediate reference with the first riding shot ever on that bike is pretty clutch.

Looks to me like if he turns any harder, he'll tear knobs off the tire.
Don't forget the buck that cost Stevie Smith the World Champs... :D

Fun theory but a load of hogwash.