Quantcast

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
that one made me chuckle also...
At least next month is more than 2 weeks away :P

Also, I've never read such a bunch of absolute drivil, rivaling even my own posts.

Serioulsy, it says a lot when the article about your company includes a picture of you with a witch book and a cup of coffee. Really informative there cobber.

I really hope with all my will that guy fails misserably and has banks forclose on everything he owns. Seriously, what a fraud.

Last edited:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
^eh. i thought it was a good read. illuminating for sure as to process and industry culture; an interesting perspective. kevin seems sincere enough, unfortunately bikes aren't his day job, and the company is not going to succeed unless he commits adequate resources.

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
I really hope with all my will that guy fails misserably and has banks forclose on everything he owns. Seriously, what a fraud.
Schadenfreude lives

Personally despite what he is up against, I hope Kevin succeeds, that everyone gets their warranty issue sorted, and the Uprising and Undead thrive

Jeez.....there is bad business planning, back luck, and there is fraud. I don't think Kevin is "evil" (see what I did there)

Jun 20, 2007
I do not think the warranty issues will ever be resolved. It seems he has cut ties with the supplier of the bad frames. If the supplier won't recognize that they shipped bad frames, Evil would have buy new frames to send to customers. It sounds like Evil is on life support and hardly even a company, there is no way it has the cash to buy new frames.

Last edited:

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
I just hope it is resolved, the evil I rode was the fastest thing I've ever ridden. When I actually ran a measuring tape over it it was also the lowest and slackest thing I've ridden and changed my belief of "perfect" geo. When it was still in the shop, the joke was it was the only bike that could be stolen because it would descend the stairs out the front silently.
Fingers crossed as far as I am concerned.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I do not think the warranty issues will ever be resolved. It seems he has cut ties with the supplier of the bad frames. If the supplier won't recognize that they shipped bad frames, Evil would have buy new frames to send to customers. It sounds like Evil is on life support and hardly even a company, there is no way it has the cash to buy new frames.
you do know that they've already committed to the first run of undeads going to outstanding warranties, right?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I do not know this. Link? That would be wonderful and I hope it happens for the customers they screwed over. I will belive it when I see it.
No one's been "screwed over" Plenty of issues with getting frames to customers but being a person who talks with Kevin regularly hes two things. A solid dude of his word and someone working tirelessly to make the brand come back and fulfill peoples warranties (of which I am also one)

As for Dilzy's comment's, you're an absolute moron and useless cunt. Wishing foreclosure and bankruptcy on someone who's trying to keep a company alive AND will solve outstanding orders? He didnt ****ing ruin anyones lives. Sure some people have been inconvenienced, but lets be honest were talking about "want" items here.

I wish I could afford to travel the internet to real life and punch you miserable cunts in your big floppy pussies.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I wish I could afford to travel the internet to real life and punch you miserable cunts in your big floppy pussies.

but seriously, there are better things to do with your time then getting bent out of shape by a troll.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
No one's been "screwed over" Plenty of issues with getting frames to customers but being a person who talks with Kevin regularly hes two things. A solid dude of his word and someone working tirelessly to make the brand come back and fulfill peoples warranties (of which I am also one)

As for Dilzy's comment's, you're an absolute moron and useless cunt. Wishing foreclosure and bankruptcy on someone who's trying to keep a company alive AND will solve outstanding orders? He didnt ****ing ruin anyones lives. Sure some people have been inconvenienced, but lets be honest were talking about "want" items here.

He has stolen from people who bought frames and not had them replaced under warranty. He has made promises of such frames and then has not delivered. Yeah I'd say that counts as fraud. He's a thief, whether intentionally or not.

How bout I steal $3k from you and then see how you feel. Don't worry all you people waiting, cause he's your broski.....what a fu%$ng joke. I only hope he goes bankrupt to save the industry from a company as unprofessional as his.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
He has stolen from people who bought frames and not had them replaced under warranty. He has made promises of such frames and then has not delivered. Yeah I'd say that counts as fraud. He's a thief, whether intentionally or not.

How bout I steal $3k from you and then see how you feel. Don't worry all you people waiting, cause he's your broski.....what a fu%$ng joke. I only hope he goes bankrupt to save the industry from a company as unprofessional as his.

Since you're really stupid, i'll repost the part where I say I'm one of the guys with a warranty frame. Obviously you don't know the difference between what qualifies as theft and what doesnt. He has bikes in production and has mentioned in several articles how he'll be replacing the warranty revolts with undeads.

But you knew that already right, because you read so well. You're a nitwit, and a twat, a nitwat as it were. Let's be real here, if you knew half of what you think you know you'd still only know 1% of the story and with that i'm gonna call you stupid again.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
what a fu%$ng joke. I only hope he goes bankrupt to save the industry from a company as unprofessional as his.
Or maybe you could take a chill pill and save the internet from your angry rants. :)

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Since you're really stupid, i'll repost the part where I say I'm one of the guys with a warranty frame. Obviously you don't know the difference between what qualifies as theft and what doesnt. He has bikes in production and has mentioned in several articles how he'll be replacing the warranty revolts with undeads.

But you knew that already right, because you read so well. You're a nitwit, and a twat, a nitwat as it were. Let's be real here, if you knew half of what you think you know you'd still only know 1% of the story and with that i'm gonna call you stupid again.

Call me as you will, doesn't change the fact that his promises have become so hollow, that "2 weeks" has become a rampant meme for Evil (and the bike industry in general, but that's another topic). The only thing anyone needs to know is that people haven't got their frames after months and months and months! of waiting.

But Udi how else can I vent my internetz rage?

dylan s

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Call me as you will, doesn't change the fact that his promises have become so hollow, that "2 weeks" has become a rampant meme for Evil (and the bike industry in general, but that's another topic). The only thing anyone needs to know is that people haven't got their frames after months and months and months! of waiting.

As far as a know evil has never said two more weeks. They have always been up front that it will be done when its done. Did you have a revolt and are you waiting for warranty? If you did i can understand the negativity. But if not things break get over it! They are doing what they can to fix the problem. weather it was right of them to sell bikes that they knew weren't up to scratch in the first place. Well that's another story.

Edit: I am currently waiting on a replacement warranty frame from another manufacturer. It will be at least 6 weeks until i get it. I cannot imagine how much it sucks for people waiting to have there revolt replaced. If they end up with a undead in the end i don't think it will make up for what has happened but at least they can sell it and get some money back if they don't want to ride it.

Last edited:

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
its amazing that no evil customer (maybe i missed them on 63 pages) complain here ,but people that aren't affected by the situation are calling names !?
why do you even care ? if replacement frames will turn out eventually, allot of members here will need to hide for some time :)

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009

Once again you're off base here. As far as I know from conversations with him and others that he's never really promised dates aside from the original batch of Revolts that PC couldnt build straight. From that point on he entered into the design process for the undead and once he had a proto announced that the warranty frames will get replaced with undeads, not dates have been promised for those only that once testing is finish and approved theyll be in production.

Yes, it's alot longer than some people want but those people are only out a frame, Evil paid for 100 frames, 75 of which were unusable and who do you think ate those costs. Evil. The simple fact that Evil has been able to soldier on and design and build frames (as well as announce the replacement of broken ones)speaks volumes to Kevins content of character.

But then again he isnt on here arguing on with your stupid ass about fact vs. fiction.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
its interesting how the most rabid defenders of evil are the ones waiting on frames.

but in fairness, if I dropped 3grand on a frame, and my only hope of getting a replacement from the company was if they managed to hold it together, I'd probably pretty rabidly defend them, at least until I got my frame.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Please do us all a favor and put a dictionary beside your whambulance keys. It may save you from posting something stupid on the internet.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
I give up. Enjoy waiting for warranty replacements on your Undeads......and I actually rode my bike yesterday/

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.

Far as Evil goes, if they honour the warranties, then best of luck to them and rock on making very, VERY pretty frames.

If they don't, I am sure they will get whats coming to them.

I still think they look sketchy for being so publicly out of contact for so long. Doesn't mean they are sketchy, just don't quite get why they quieted themselves so putblicly. That said, its their company, and I guess they have their reasons.

This thread has shown me a few things though, so its good.

1) You can't buy a bike based on paper. The Evil rocked on paper (or on screen, I guess) and blew up int he real world. What you see on paper isn't necessarily what you get.

2) Lots of people on the internet can't read.

3) Kevin is either a great guy that got screwed (which sucks) or hes the MTB antichrist, depending who you ask.

4) Dilzy is a troll, and level 99 internet asshat.

5) Evil bikes are pretty enough to sell organs for.

Other than that, I've had a lovely stay here, thanks for having me.