Quantcast

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Average male height in the US and 99% of other countries ia quite a bit below 6'
Right, but I'm not talking of the population of the U.S. I'm talking of the population of U.S. DH riders, which seem to have a mean distinctly above 5'9" (or whatever the national average male height is).

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Average male height in the US and 99% of other countries ia quite a bit below 6'
Geez, you little guys are picky. 5'10", 6', whatever. It just seems that if all bike manufacturers make frames for smaller people that it would make sense to make them for taller people as well. A small fits a smaller dude but a large fits an average height dude. WTF?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

Personally I prefer that the granularity of the sizing has increased rather than the largest size extending the range, because now all those people 5'10 - 6' (seemingly a fairly big portion of riders, esp. compared to those too big for an XL) won't be struggling to pick between a medium and large.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Little bruised but bike survived without a scratch. Dunno what happened, I was otb before I knew it. and expecting the bike to hit me in the back at any second, but as I continued to roll I watched it sail over me and about 15 feet down the trail before coming to rest.

The bike is super snappy and fast outta corners, real fast and it jumps so well. I gotta get the right #50 heavier spring on this week and fine tune it as I got my ass kicked in the rough stuff. Today was mostly a tweak settings day. I told Kevin I felt alot slower on it, but was jumping everything alot farther than prior and on my first run even.

It jumps so damn amazingly well.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Must....resist....urge....to...say...something....nice...about...Revolt.....:P

Also...two weeks till your bucked like a dw link?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I rode like a wuss after crashing in practice and got 10th. Bike rode awesome. Next race is Aug 5th hopefully I can put together a better run.
Hey - it happens!

I usually rip practice, and then stack it during my race run. :doh: :rofl:

Glad to hear the bike felt good and performed well for you! Give em' hell at the next one!

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I got some more time on the bike at Kicking Horse and Mt 7 on the weekend. Man can this thing jump. Doubling over stuff is as easy as getting off the brakes and a little hop.

What are you guys running for settings?

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
You gonna be up in Golden for a while? I am heading that way next week and would be cool to take a looksy at it. Planning 5 days starting Monday.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Myself and a couple buddies are planning to arrive Sunday night, you going to do any fun riding on Monday? Good luck on the race man.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
General Announcement:
In the name of simplification, if anyone has any questions regarding their Undead or shipment timelines, contact Kevin at info@evil-bikes.com

He checks his email hourly and will get you the answers you need very quickly.

If by chance, you contaced Kevin first and haven't heard from him in a while (which I doubt will happen) give me a shout and I'll take care of you.

Ohio! Nice! Where is that by the way?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Can someone with a large measure wheelbase for me, and mention with which fork, and chip and cup settings?

Thanks

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Front axle to rear axle, as close to the middle of the axles as possible, appreciate it!