Quantcast

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Yea man - always around. Buested shoulder means I've not been on the bike for ages, so you;ll find me drinking in front of the PS4

Lighthowler

Chimp
Sep 5, 2013
I am curious to see if anyone else has had a crack/delamination on the front triangle of their Undead? Just contacted Evil hopefully I will get a response soon.
Yeah mate I had a problem with the front triangle either side of the shock aperture it could have been argued that it was just a crack in the clear coat but sent a few pictures to silverfish and evil sent out a new front and rear triangle with all the fixings minus the shock in just a few weeks, excellent top class service in my opinion. No drama

Lighthowler

Chimp
Sep 5, 2013
Hi all,

I have a shock spring rate setup question. In march when I bought the bike (it came with a 500 lb ti spring) I weighed around 90 kg (200 lbs), and the sag was there or thereabouts at 30%. I'm now 77 kg (170 lbs) and got out on the bike for the first time in a while last weekend, and was surprised that the back end of the bike didn't feel far too stiff. In fact, it actually felt really spot on, and wasn't lacking in compliance at all. Stupidly, I forgot to measure the sag though.

On the evil website it recommends a spring rate of 400-450 lbs for 82 kg rider weight (being generous with how much I would weigh kitted up), so would I see a big benefit in going down 50-100 lbs in spring weight? Or are these very rough estimates? What sort of spring weights are other people of my weight on?

Cheers!
Hi mate I'm about 80kg all kitted up and it took me ages to decide which was better the 400 or 450 to cut a long story short I run the 450 now with less compression and it's good throughout its travel the 400 blew through the midrange too easily and felt like the bike disappeared on big hits which I'm sure could be sorted with better compression tuning.
Swapping the blue spring for the green in the fox 40s was the key though as the 450 in the back with the blue made the front softer and didn't feel balanced the 450 with the green balances the bike out nicely at the cost of a bit of small bump compliance

Hope that helps

Harry BarnOwl

Monkey
Jul 24, 2008
Sweet. Tried the 425 out back at went down to a medium spring up front. Can't believe the difference, the bike's just come alive - it's definitely worth experimenting.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
Been thinking to put an air shock on the Undead...

I know the Dbair fits and the Bos Void fits too.... But I don't know about the fox float x2....

Any one has tried to fit that shock??

X2 canister seems to be smaller than the Dbair.... Should fit I think...

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Hi there folks, sorry for bumping the thread but ive already used google and i need first hand info.
according to undead website, seatpost size is 30.9. Ive bought a frame recently to build it on 27.5/26 singlespeed and the ibeam seatpost ive purchased is twisting continuesly, even with the high grip carbon grease.

any advise?

cheers
1641766584531.png

MrBaker87

Monkey
Mar 30, 2014
neverlandranch
Hi there folks, sorry for bumping the thread but ive already used google and i need first hand info.
according to undead website, seatpost size is 30.9. Ive bought a frame recently to build it on 27.5/26 singlespeed and the ibeam seatpost ive purchased is twisting continuesly, even with the high grip carbon grease.

any advise?

cheers
I wouldn’t bother. Frame is probably cracked whether you can see it or not.

Razvan Grad

Chimp
Oct 6, 2022
It's uncracked?
Hah! Good one. Yeah and it's an updated model! Wide front triangle. Bearings are wider for some reason too. I found that out when I got new ones from evil. It has mk1 flip chips but for some reason the frame is different. Dylan from evil told me that it might be an updated model made a few years later but we don't know how to verify sadly. Is this rare or something? Also, little to no paint cracking!

Razvan Grad

Chimp
Oct 6, 2022
Anyone know what happened with the "updated" or "version 2" Undead and Uprising back in the day? I think I have one of those Uprising. I'm so curious!