Quantcast

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
you guys just watch...

My money is on EVIL making a biiiig comeback this year w/ the carbon bike and short travel rigs...

I think a bunch of ppl are going to be taking back statements made in the past few months.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Haven't we been here before with this sentiment?

Look - I don't blame people for being ticked off. It's fully understandable, but a lot of bike companies have had issues with production at one point or another. Yes, it's been a nightmare trying to fix it as a new company, but lets try to keep an open mind and see what happens.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Evil had production problems with Taiwan and alloy bikes, now they are moving on to China and carbon bikes?
source?

FWIW, I deal with China at my current job and have dealt with them in the past. They're pretty good to work with actually, but you have to be super detailed with your instructions and specs. everything needs to be spelled out to a T.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
SC builds there carbon bikes in China so they must be doing something right
I would assume that evil will be having their frames (key point here, plural) manufactured at the same place as santa cruz, even though it is china, there can't be too many places ready to build high end carbon dh frames

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I would assume that evil will be having their frames (key point here, plural) manufactured at the same place as santa cruz, even though it is china, there can't be too many places ready to build high end carbon dh frames
hopefully so. SC's carbon bikes are beautiful and their V10C seems overbuilt (at least according to them)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I thought essentially all carbon production was done in taiwan, and using "best in the industry" was moot since almost everybody did it there. It's fine if they want to release that frame, I wouldn't buy one and I would wager a lot of revolt owners would be in the same boat.

I hope they can make a recovery, but in what was (kind of still is) a tight-nit community, paying attention to your customers' needs should be job 1.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
maybe i'm wrong then...but the location for carbon was pretty much universal, from my understanding. I have no doubts about the quality of the carbon work, regardless...design, customer service, availability, those i might concern myself with.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
its generally Taiwan for high-quality aluminium alloy frames

and generally China for high-quality carbon fibre frames

Giant have their CF facility in China, and their premium aluminium facility in Taiwan, for example

some of the aluminium alloy bicycle frames are made in China, Vietnam (Norco have some hardtail frames made there) or Malaysia

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
there can't be too many places ready to build high end carbon dh frames
I can name about 8 in China. I get e-mails from them 2 times a month wanting me to buy their catalog Road and MTB frames. Same from Taiwan. Very nice stuff. It only takes about $60K to have your own Mold made to produce your very own frame over there in carbon. By the way you need a mold for each size frame too.:eek:

Cecil

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can name about 8 in China. I get e-mails from them 2 times a month wanting me to buy their catalog Road and MTB frames. Same from Taiwan. Very nice stuff. It only takes about $60K to have your own Mold made to produce your very own frame over there in carbon. By the way you need a mold for each size frame too.:eek:

Cecil
NO REALLY!?!?!?>!? ZOMG!111 :p