Quantcast

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I have been more than happy with my revolt and once the undeads arrive if prices for upgrading warranty frames are good i'll step into a undead.
like i said before, i hope you are only paying the difference b/w the aluminum and the carbon and not the cost of the carbon one.
The price will be the big factor in what I do about my warranty issues. I've been waiting since September and have already shelled out $$$ for a new frame.

I'm honestly surprised by the lack of public communications Evil has put out regarding this. I'm betting people would be more understanding if they made some sort of public announcement.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I don't mean this as a troll, but I have to ask...

Considering there are so many amazing frames on the market from companies with stellar reputations, why would anyone consider something form a company with a less than favorable rep?

Genuinely curious here.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't mean this as a troll, but I have to ask...

Considering there are so many amazing frames on the market from companies with stellar reputations, why would anyone consider something form a company with a less than favorable rep?

Genuinely curious here.
Maybe because all cyclists like to suffer?

Seriously, the brand is legendary (esp on the East Coast), Dee Dub and some other respected characters are involved, and they are doing some cool stuff. Personally I'm glad to see customers willing to overlook the recent issues and continue to have faith.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I've been nothing but stoked on my bike and knowing I had a early 1st gen that problems might be a situation I might have to deal. For ****s sake I havew owned 22 VW's.

The bike rode awesome, felt great under me. Would other bikes feel that way too, yes. Im be piloting a F1 Jedi and whatever Evil i wind up with this year.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I'm rooting for Evil, for sure. But at this point, I would take the wait and see approach.

eatmyshorts

Monkey
Jun 18, 2010
South OZ
source?

FWIW, I deal with China at my current job and have dealt with them in the past. They're pretty good to work with actually, but you have to be super detailed with your instructions and specs. everything needs to be spelled out to a T.
If things are not spelt out and someone is not there to teach the spelling the wheels certainly do come off (or your headtube falls off) in my experience..

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Again not to troll, but they really need to update their website and show some signs of life.. I dig their stuff but I need MOAR MARKETEERING!
Yet if they DID actually promote this as-yet unavailable frame, people would be criticising them for failing to deliver the goods... maybe they just want the ability to work on the thing and make sure it's actually done right, without the teething issues the Revolt had?

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Yet if they DID actually promote this as-yet unavailable frame, people would be criticising them for failing to deliver the goods... maybe they just want the ability to work on the thing and make sure it's actually done right, without the teething issues the Revolt had?
I'm not saying they should post stuff about the Undead, just would be nice to see the site updated, I mean they signed Cam Zink.. you would think that would be big news for them? Maybe put up some info on the changes made to the '11 Revolt, just asking for something.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
maybe its a good sign that the site hasn't been updated... one could take it to mean that they are more focused on other more important things at the moment

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yes...

...one would think...

;)

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I've been nothing but stoked on my bike and knowing I had a early 1st gen that problems might be a situation I might have to deal. For ****s sake I havew owned 22 VW's.

The bike rode awesome, felt great under me. Would other bikes feel that way too, yes. Im be piloting a F1 Jedi and whatever Evil i wind up with this year.
Okay, as someone that's thinking of buying a 2nd hand Revolt (that has all the latest hardware on it and has been looked after like a pro's bike) that's good to hear. I'm going into this with my eyes wide open but I have struggled to find anything about how the bike rides over all the other brown stuff that hit the fan.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Okay, as someone that's thinking of buying a 2nd hand Revolt (that has all the latest hardware on it and has been looked after like a pro's bike) that's good to hear. I'm going into this with my eyes wide open but I have struggled to find anything about how the bike rides over all the other brown stuff that hit the fan.
It rides awesome. I'm torn on what to do when my warranty frame shows up. I have a V10C on order so I'll have to see what I like better.

Does it have the updated gussets as well as hardware? If it doesn't have the updated gussets at the seat tube/DT junction make sure you check there for cracks.

Last edited:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
The evil is a rad bike. I've been waiting on a warranty for mine since last summer, but I've been riding it while damaged lately because I want to ride the bike again. It still handled this 15 foot drop pretty well! Hucker!

I've been pretty fed up with the lack of frames, but I feel confident enough now saying that I will get a new frame at some point!

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Well.. the frame is Vandersteez's and it was new in October. So I'd hope it's got all the latest additions. I'm checking it out on Saturday.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
other than the BS people like to sling around and all the sht-talking that some feel is necessary, the Revolt is awesome. the DELTA link is, in my opinion, on par with FSR, VPP and the DW-Link. The bike rides like a dream and it is amazing to reflect on a run and think about how the bike handled (think: whiteface/windham). i am a stickler for bikes and the Revolt is no slouch. it is no secret that there were issues with the frame. however, warranties are being honored and the problems have been rectified. i am patiently waiting for my replacement and don't wish to switch to another bike. that is how much i like the Revolt (and all the guys at Evil). boom.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
haromtnbiker nailed it. The Revolt is RAD. I've ridden a fair number of DH bikes and the Evil is definitely my fave. That says a lot and answers dropmachine's question. Sure there are other great options out there (more than ever), but spend some time on a Revolt and you will understand.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yup! This is one of many things that were kept under wraps so to speak. Looks like Walsh gave the approval for posting the team.

Not bad, if I must say. :)

Hopefully Wyn will have a good recovery and get back on it when he can. Healing vibes to Mr. Masters!

More things will be happening in the media over the next few weeks so keep your eyes and ears peeled party people.

Last edited: