Quantcast

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Im going to be the first one to say that that article was actually good news.

Answer were honest about what happened with the past and they seem to be moving forward from all the negativity.

Plus Im a sucker for carbon.:drool:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
That PB interview is pretty candid. Good on em, hope this one works out better than the Revolt, cos those things were rad to ride when they weren't f**ked.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It is at least as good as SC V10C :)

"With regard to weight, the first test bikes have been almost too light" I love this :D

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Just the honest, no BS answers from Evil about past problems, and current customers with pending Revolt warranty cases will be issued Undead frames as warranties for their Revolts, makes me want this frame badly!

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
interesting to see they're calling this carbon rig 'evil 2.0' surely that should be 3.0? on a less pedantic level it looks great and I wish them all the best with this new version.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
It hink the only way to present Evil as a serious company in the future was to tell the truth. They had some bad problems (like frames 20mm out of alignment :eek: ) Now it seems they are on a good way with a new and competent supplier.
Nice, I always liked Evil bikes.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Single prototype? It's almost production-ready frame being discussed and other frames are mentioned 2 times as well. It's quite a big news, IMO.

I'm very glad they've managed to solve all business issues, also that Filip Polc will ride one of these beasts.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
visually.. i want one..

trackrecord wise.. once its been out for a year with no problems, then i can seriously consider it..

but G-damn it looks amazing..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Im going to be the first one to say that that article was actually good news.

Answer were honest about what happened with the past and they seem to be moving forward from all the negativity.
That PB interview is pretty candid.
Agreed, and good on them for speaking up and openly about the issues. Also seems like they really want to make it right for their current customers waiting on warranty frames.

Also, from the comments (from Evil):

Too bad 300+ crooked Revolts are sitting in Taiwan that will never get ridden

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the wait continues
Current Evil customers with pending Revolt warranty cases will be issued Undead frames as warranties for their Revolts when production is ready.

nice to see they finally changed the DELTA linkage and its connecting parts

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
there is some awesome features on that bike that really need to be adopted by other frame manufacturers...

integrated fork bumpers/cable guides
removable iscg
downtube shuttle guard
integrated fender
integrated angleset
not to mention, good god she is gorgeous....

heres to hoping this bike is a success. :thumb:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Nice. Really nice. So another carbon DH frame coming to market. Will this open the floodgates for everyone to jump onboard? My guess is the big S is next up. Or Trek.

Something about this frame allowed me to get a picture of a carbon M9 in my mind - now that would be interesting on several fronts.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Of all the new bikes out there, asthetically, this one impresses me the most! That thing is bad ass looking, and I don't care for the looks of the orriginal Revolt (perfect color combo as well).

That being said, it is funny that people think that with a very frank press release that Evil has suddenly come 180*. I'm not bashing them or hoping otherwise but what would you expect..."Well, we've had tons of problems and have been unable to deliver and it's possible that the same manufacturing issues may arrise with our carbon sources..."

Hopefully that is not the case because this frame certainly goes on my short list of wants.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
looks great. hopefully they can avoid manufacturing issues this time around. you place allot of faith in the design, manufacturing & qc abilities of the contractor - esp when building a carbon bikes where structurally compromising flaws may be externally invisible. time will tell.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
It's good to see that this bike is finally out in the wild, can't wait to see/ride production bikes.

As happy as I am that I never had a frame problem with my Revolt it sure would be nice to get an Undead as a replacement.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
besides it being carbon (and some hardware tweaks,) it looks almost identical to the last one
It looks like they have tweaked the shock actuation too... it's not floating any longer. Can't really see from the pic but sounds like the bottom shock mount is on the front triangle and not the rear triangle.

Looks nice though. I'm kind of sad that my Revolt doesn't have an issue with it!

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It looks like they have tweaked the shock actuation too... it's not floating any longer. Can't really see from the pic but sounds like the bottom shock mount is on the front triangle and not the rear triangle.
aesthetically, its pretty similar though. getting rid of the floating shock is a good idea IMO since alignment issues wont be as big of a concern.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
aesthetically, its pretty similar though. getting rid of the floating shock is a good idea IMO since alignment issues wont be as big of a concern.
how does having a non-floating shock affect the behavior of the delta-link? I thought that the whole system was kinda dependent on that to achieve what DW wanted to...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
how does having a non-floating shock affect the behavior of the delta-link? I thought that the whole system was kinda dependent on that to achieve what DW wanted to...
beats the sh!t outa me. i only stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
i wonder if Mr. DW had any hand in redesigning the setup.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Genuine congrats to the Evil guys - perseverance champions of the world (like your customers!).

Well done for sticking it out and I'm sure things will go better from here.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
besides it being carbon (and some hardware tweaks,) it looks almost identical to the last one
yeah, i thought the old one looked really really good...the lines on the new one look rad...the fork bumpers, the downtube protection, new headtube all look good...the area that houses the shock looks super clean...time will tell how the bike works out, but i'm digging the aesthetics for sure....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I like the devinci for It's floater... This looks nice but I wouldn't be first in line...and I hope intense doesn't jump on the bandwagon...their us production allows faster lead times and a more flexible process.for changes.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Looks quite a bit different to me, more organic. I like it, damn hot. Very cool to see another full carbon DH bike too!

Hodaka? Is this a really well known/successful carbon manufacturer?

Last edited:

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
It's still a Delta link and it's still DW's design, the floater didn't do anything magic except that it gave DW the effective spring curve (leverage curve if you prefer) through the travel thathe was looking for. I understand that they were able to come up with a design that did the same thing without floating which improves the unsprung mass.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Looks quite a bit different to me, more organic. I like it, damn hot.
that was exactly my first thought, out of off the carbon dh bikes, or aluminum ones for that matter, this looks like it literally grew out of the ground, super fluid looking.

the adjustability looks phenomenal
the features such as the fender, removable tabs, bumpers, ect = awesome
looks = awesome
price = competitive
weight = should be fantastic

durability and reliability ???????? who knows right now

i love it from this one article but only time will tell. I guess the guys sitting waiting for their revolt warranty replacements will be able to inform us first.

I am however more excited with the announcement that this is the first of multiple carbon FS frames planned. Im hoping for a Dh oriented 6" frame :weee:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Kinda a weird question, but anyone wanna say who the factory/company that Evil used the first time around? From the sound of a poster on PB it is Fastrax, but it seems like they are the company who make the new one, as Fastrax is really Hodaka. Ya, working on a paper...This would add some interesting flavor...