Quantcast

XYZ123

Chimp
Aug 21, 2012
General Announcement:
In the name of simplification, if anyone has any questions regarding their Undead or shipment timelines, contact Kevin at info@evil-bikes.com

He checks his email hourly and will get you the answers you need very quickly.

If by chance, you contaced Kevin first and haven't heard from him in a while (which I doubt will happen) give me a shout and I'll take care of you.

Ohio! Nice! Where is that by the way?
I've tried calling a bunch of times in the last couple months, but they don't have a working phone service anymore it seems like. Sent a couple emails and haven't heard anything back yet. Following up on a frame I sent in 2 years ago that I sorta gave up on. Any alternate contact besides the one you provided? Thanks!

Jul 25, 2012
Placerville, CA
Seriously. They need to do a demo day. I pretyt much got all new components on my 03 Bullit, and this winter will be looking to replace the frame. Currently looking at a V10 (2007-10 era alum), Specialized Demo 8 (2011-12) or possibly a Corsair Crown DH... But this Evil looks pretty sweet!

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I started buidling my Undead on Friday and finished it up on Saturday with most of the parts off of my Revolt and had planned to take it to Whistler for the day yesterday but decided to sleep in and take a short ride near home instead. I'm glad I got a shakedown ride in on it yesterday and made a few adjustments to where I had set things initially. It's mostly the same as the Revolt in terms of settings and components. The only differences that jumped out at me were the interference between my old chainguide (original LG1) against the swingarm and the seatpost spins easily. This is my first carbon frame so I'm afraid to crank down on the seatpost but the carbon doesn't have as much friction as I'm used to in an aluminum frame with Whitler moon dust in everything. :)

As far as how the bike rides: a lot better than I do! I haven't been on my bike as much in the last year (sidelined by injuries and sidetracked by other pursuits) but the bike rides very well. I can't wait to get it up to Canada next weekend for a lot more trail time.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I picked up some carbon prep paste but I still need to man up and turn the bolt on the seat post collar a little harder.
I was surprised not to see any torque specs on the seatpost collar so I torqued mine to <5nm with one of the bontrager preset torques designed for that exact job.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2012
my bike!.jpg

1 month riding this bike at whistler and have a lot of good things to say, here the specs:

Frame: Evil Undead with CCDB air
Fork: Boxxer WC with Avalanche Open Bath cartridge
Brakes: Formula R0 203mm front and 180mm rear
Stem: Chromag Direct stem
Seatpost: Enve 30.9
Handlebar: Enve Dh cut 780mm
Headset: Evil angle set
Crankset: Race Face SixC 165mm
Pedal: Spank Spike
Shifter: 2013 x0
Derraileur: 2013 x0, now im using the new saint, x0 2013 is more to trail riding, i broke 1 at whistler and sram give me another, now my AM bike have x0 derraileur
Cassete and Chain from Sram
ChainGuide: Csixx carbon 150g
Hubs: Hope Evo
Rims: Enve Dh
Spokes: Dt Swiss Competition
Tires: Maxxis Minion Tubeless ready but with tubes

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
View attachment 112018

1 month riding this bike at whistler and have a lot of good things to say, here the specs:

Derraileur: 2013 x0, now im using the new saint, x0 2013 is more to trail riding, i broke 1 at whistler and sram give me another, now my AM bike have x0 derraileur
Your bike makes me happy. Once Im not poor, I may have to make myself poor again....

HUZZAH CARBON!

View attachment 112018

that is all!

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
so what dealers actually stock these undeads now ?

Im just thinking ahead, cos ill be visiting a buddy in MA next year, and was planning on taking one home.

My go-to site was fanatik. but they dont list them anymore.. so anyone able to shed some light? Cos their website is fuxored as well.. (ok this all adds up maybe im better off with the devinci one, but i want an undead.. )

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
so what dealers actually stock these undeads now ?

Im just thinking ahead, cos ill be visiting a buddy in MA next year, and was planning on taking one home.

My go-to site was fanatik. but they dont list them anymore.. so anyone able to shed some light? Cos their website is fuxored as well.. (ok this all adds up maybe im better off with the devinci one, but i want an undead.. )

I've seen the new Evil website > better than the current website.

Email Kevin if you are interested in a frame. Don't want to spread incorrect rumors, but you may have the option of buying frames directly from Evil in the future. And a planned price point significantly lower than the other carbon frames by Specialized, Trek, etc.

Again, check with Kevin. He's going to be the guy with all the facts right now.

Just wait until you all see the Uprising(s).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Email Kevin if you are interested in a frame. Don't want to spread incorrect rumors, but you may have the option of buying frames directly from Evil in the future. And a planned price point significantly lower than the other carbon frames by Specialized, Trek, etc.

Direct order evil? That has me interested.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia

That's what Kevin eluded to in our conversations. His plans for Evil sound really interesting and should set them up to be very successful. The pricing he told me will definitely sell a lot of frames and complete bikes.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

EXACTLY!

I posted something similar to this a few weeks back - email Kevin at the current info@evil-bikes.com address and he will personally respond.

Lee - the new site IS pretty sweet, isn't it? :)

XYZ - Inbox cleared.

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
That's what Kevin eluded to in our conversations. His plans for Evil sound really interesting and should set them up to be very successful. The pricing he told me will definitely sell a lot of frames and complete bikes.
why would a customer consider a price range that doesn't pass on direct-sale savings to them, the consumer. surely a cut of at very least 50-75% of bike shops' margin is fair. the Evil model is just to make more margin from the customer by cutting out the middle man and pocketing the wonga. no?

but then, you buy direct and bike shops lose business and 1 in every 10 bike shops shut down and then more manufacturers do the same then even more bike shops shut down. then there's nobody the fix your broken shat, or figure out how to install the component you saved $10 on by purchasing a thang online just to spend another $50 having a bike shop fit/fix it, or to offer knowledge & advice and "be there" as a walk in facility to get new peeps into the sport and to support their local riding community. vicious circle.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
why would a customer consider a price range that doesn't pass on direct-sale savings to them, the consumer. surely a cut of at very least 50-75% of bike shops' margin is fair. the Evil model is just to make more margin from the customer by cutting out the middle man and pocketing the wonga. no?

but then, you buy direct and bike shops lose business and 1 in every 10 bike shops shut down and then more manufacturers do the same then even more bike shops shut down. then there's nobody the fix your broken shat, or figure out how to install the component you saved $10 on by purchasing a thang online just to spend another $50 having a bike shop fit/fix it, or to offer knowledge & advice and "be there" as a walk in facility to get new peeps into the sport and to support their local riding community. vicious circle.
The prices he told me would be a significant saving over what you would buy at a bike shop. I don't think most people buying Undeads or Uprisings will be new consumers so that clientele will stay with the bike shops.

I never take my bike into a shop for repair; between me and my riding friends we have almost every tool and if we don't one us goes and buys it. Even if I buy it from a shop I install it myself.

There is even a new shop in Vancouver that only does service.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle

Yeah you lose dealer loyalty and customer service if you undercut them by going direct to customers at cheaper prices. These guys may be thinking they just don't need dealers. It's a boutique product so it's not like many dealers will have tons of frames in stock and a bunch of parts in inventory.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah you lose dealer loyalty and customer service if you undercut them by going direct to customers at cheaper prices. These guys may be thinking they just don't need dealers. It's a boutique product so it's not like many dealers will have tons of frames in stock and a bunch of parts in inventory.
mfg's selling direct is never a good idea imo.... in any industry