Quantcast

Evolution.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I dont know if this is the right section so feel free to move...

Ive allways been a firm believer of evolution. But I also thought there was still a lot of evidence still missing in the case because somehow a lot of people still dont "believe in it".

I was therefore surprised that theres more proof then well ever need to prove evolution as a fact.
People just dont want to see it.

So to all the history deniers, I would like to dare you to read "The greatest show on earth" by Richard Dawkins or present your opinions on evolution here.

:thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
To celebrate Darwin's Origins of Species which turned 100 years he also did a three part series called "The Genius of Charles Darwin" if you are not crazy about reading. There are torrents you can down load.. I was actually lucky enough to participate and meet Mr. Dawkins.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Well, I read mostly about Quantum Physics and Cosmology because of the simple fact that I want to know how stuff works.
Evolution is not different in this and because Dawkins (and Darwin) have been brought up in numerous books Ive read, I thought it was time to pick up a copy of Dawkins latest.

Also looking forward to reading "The God delusion" but I usually buy my books at airports and they dont carry the older stuff.

What was your part in "The Genius of Charles Darwin" if I may ask?
(allready downloading part one...)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, I read mostly about Quantum Physics and Cosmology because of the simple fact that I want to know how stuff works.
Evolution is not different in this and because Dawkins (and Darwin) have been brought up in numerous books Ive read, I thought it was time to pick up a copy of Dawkins latest.

Also looking forward to reading "The God delusion" but I usually buy my books at airports and they dont carry the older stuff.

What was your part in "The Genius of Charles Darwin" if I may ask?
(allready downloading part one...)
I used to run a sperm bank :)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I should have known better then to be serious about something on the monkey...

:D
It might just be the fact that the evolution/creation argument has been beat to death. Everything that can be said on this subject already has been. There is a certian group of people who no amount of proof/evidence is ever going to be enough.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
I tried to read "The God Delusion" but never got past the first chapter. I'm all about the subject, just couldn't stand the way it was written.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
It might just be the fact that the evolution/creation argument has been beat to death. Everything that can be said on this subject already has been. There is a certian group of people who no amount of proof/evidence is ever going to be enough.
I just thought the book had new information (to me at least) that would be interesting to people. :)

I tried to read "The God Delusion" but never got past the first chapter. I'm all about the subject, just couldn't stand the way it was written.
Not a fan of the writing either, he seems a bit frustrated with the opposition at times...
But the book is interesting enough for me to keep reading anyway.

@CBJ

Are you German?

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I just thought the book had new information (to me at least) that would be interesting to people. :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd learn a lot by reading the book. I just think if you were looking for contrary/serious opinion your probably in the wrong place. I doubt anyone here is a creationist.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
He apparently is also selling hub caps in Long Beach.

Alright now boys and girls we've got another story for you now!
We want to introduce to you another friend of the Bible!

Hell yeah
Hell yeah
Hell yeah
Hell yeah

If I were God there would be no explicit sex on T.V.
Like little Opie eating pie when he made it with Aunt Bea

If I were God thou shall not worship false Billy Idols
And thou shall add the Book Of Flavor Flav to the Bible
Thou shall make fun of Hindus thou shall not make a "Speed 2"
If I were God that's what I'd do Heavens no

Hell yeah
Hell yeah
Hell yeah
Hell yeah

If I were God I'd get a bunch of slaves to do everything
Norwegian lesbians that feed me grapes and know how to sing

If I were God thou shall not wear tube socks with Flip-Flops
Thou shall sit and thou shall spin thou shall even wife swap
Thou shall resist the Olsen Twins, thou shall not cut "Footloose"
If I were God that's what I'd do, Heavens no

Hell yeah
Hell yeah
Hell yeah
Hell yeah

And when they nail my pimpled ass to the cross
I'll tell them I found Jesus that should throw them off
He goes by the name Jesus and steals hubcaps from cars
Oh Jesus can I borrow your crowbar?
To pry these God damn nails out they're beginning to hurt
Crucified and all I got was this lousy T-shirt
"I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" I'll sing as I'm flogged
Yeah that's what I would do if I were God
So vote for me for Savior and you'll go to Heaven
Your lame duck Lord is like Kevin Spacey in "Seven"
With creepy threats of H-E-Double-Hockey-Stick
You just can't teach an old God new tricks
But would I be a good Messiah with my low self-esteem?
If I don't believe in myself would that be blasphemy?
Just sport some crummy "holier than thou" facade
Yeah that's what I would do if I were God

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd learn a lot by reading the book. I just think if you were looking for contrary/serious opinion your probably in the wrong place. I doubt anyone here is a creationist.
Well I definitly learned a lot from reading it, and I thought it was interesting enought to mention here.
Not to many creationists here indeed, but plenty of comedians which is why RM is the only forum I visit these days :rofl:

So everyone just go and buy the damn book allready!

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
So everyone just go and buy the damn book allready!
I see now... you bought stock in his publishing company and you're trying to boost the numbers.

My favorite creationist counter argument... "God created the world and God created man. Darwin introduced the theory of evolution. Darwin was a man and therefore was created by God. So by default, God created evolution."

:popcorn:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Wait, some people still don't believe in evolution?
convergence of multiple points of view would undermine this very premise.
you can therefore say belief in God is proof of evolution, right?
I doubt anyone here is a creationist.
:think:

i believe you meant 'creacionismo'

if you start w/ the premise that everything (in various stages of transition) was willed into existence (including time itself), you can see how difficult it is to influence a change in thinking shown to be inconsistent to this.

it would go something like this:
infidel: "look, this has evolved"
derp: "no, it was created, and without irony you are applying an arbitrary anthropomorphic classification"
infidel: <rather impressive yet long-winded bookish defense of first statement, followed by awkward pause, then ghost chili hot man sex that fails to produce offspring>
derp: "...see?"