Quantcast

Ew, my co-worker just ****** in our small office

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
call me paranoid, but no one seems to have mentioned these two words - droplet infection. Even if her vomiting wasn't caused by some microbes, can you imagine bits of her multi-coloured rainbow flying into your lungs? Her not wanting to go home maybe due to her being in a new office and doesn't want to appear a slacker. Someone should really speak to her about being ok to take a sick day, if nothing other than to not upset her co-workers.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i thought the same thing, when in post #17 he mentioned the word uncultured.
i thought,"no. there was a lot of cultures there."

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
disasterarea said:
call me paranoid, but no one seems to have mentioned these two words - droplet infection. Even if her vomiting wasn't caused by some microbes, can you imagine bits of her multi-coloured rainbow flying into your lungs? Her not wanting to go home maybe due to her being in a new office and doesn't want to appear a slacker. Someone should really speak to her about being ok to take a sick day, if nothing other than to not upset her co-workers.
What an appropriate title you have there.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
disasterarea said:
Her not wanting to go home maybe due to her being in a new office and doesn't want to appear a slacker. .

Ahem.......puking into a public trash can numerous times to 'not appear like a slacker'. seriously this ladies problems stem way beyond stomach distress.

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
laura said:
Ahem.......puking into a public trash can numerous times to 'not appear like a slacker'. seriously this ladies problems stem way beyond stomach distress.
I was thinking maybe we should give her the benefit of doubt, like perhaps she couldn't find a scrunched up paper ball quick enough to shoot bin hoopie. Sounded like she managed to slam it four times too. Looking on the brightside, imagine if she missed! :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Mike, for real, this job is killin' me in some ways.
The sh*t that goes on is really unbelievable. There are so many, "Did that just happen?" moments!

We have a big whiteboard on which we have written common phrases that we hear throughout the day from people reading their emails.

Every time a phrase is unintentionally repeated, we put another hash mark next to it.

Examples:
"You gotta be fvcking kidding me..." lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lll
"WTF are they talking about??" lllll
"Wait.....WHAT??" lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll lllll