Quantcast

Examples of bad trail building

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mountain biking in our province is treated like a business, not for the healthy benefits of the sport. We use to have a couple of trailbuilding companies, now there must be twenty.
Its definitely going to eat itself alive one day.

I get places like VBN and SDM charging to ride, even if its expensive. Their trails are, for the most part, very well maintained, well built and they have a lot of infrastructure; kind of like a bike park without the skihill part of it.

But having virtually every riding spot charge a fee gets steep and annoying after a while. People's dollars can only be spread so far, eventually the customers will be widdled down to very few.

As someone who likes to hop around and ride different spots, I can't imagine living there and dealing with that, it'd annoy the heck out of me. I get pissed off when a town puts up paid parking signs at a place that I rarely ride, let alone being forced into a day pass. :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Mountain biking in our province is treated like a business, not for the healthy benefits of the sport. We use to have a couple of trailbuilding companies, now there must be twenty.
This. But, our companies probably aren't rolling in dough, but there sure are a few that have "popped up".

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Now it makes sense to me why I run into so many people from Quebec at highland. If they’ve got to pay every time to ride might as well pay a little more and not have to pedal.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Now it makes sense to me why I run into so many people from Quebec at highland. If they’ve got to pay every time to ride might as well pay a little more and not have to pedal.
Our lift serve trails systems are not up to par when compared to Killington, Highland or Thunder. Seems like no one here can build high quality jump trails. Bromont is one of the best, but serves more the gnar hungry clientele.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just a couple of days. :D

We've got a doozy coming up.

View attachment 205943
Oof, wife wouldn't appreciate that one. I'd love to be able to do a NE DH/trail roadtrip as I used to love Highland, never made it up to Canada for Bromont or MSA and I know Killington is supposed to be good and I never made it there either.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In!

I mean its probably just a joke, but there are a few other good spots on the way to Bromont (relatively, compared to that drive overall) in QC.

And a quick detour north of Toronto, I could show the natural fast flow of a little gem called Copeland Forest. :wub:
We've got family to stay at before crossing the border in Detroit and extended family who'd probably give us a driveway space for a night in the Toronto area, so never say never! :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oof, wife wouldn't appreciate that one. I'd love to be able to do a NE DH/trail roadtrip as I used to love Highland, never made it up to Canada for Bromont or MSA and I know Killington is supposed to be good and I never made it there either.
You should definitely go one day. Even with all the negative of having to pay for trails and blah blah blah, Quebec overall is doing amazing things. Just bring a trail bike and hit all the different trail centers. Some offer some huge riding days with tons of elevation change.

Like this route. Though whoever created it sucks, as they chose the road for the first part. But basically this and then you can add in Neilson Est for an extra 12km and 500 meters of elevation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
IT CANNOT BE AVOIDED!!!!!

Please. In all seriousness, show me where that is happening. Be it instabook, mtbr, please god just show me where you found that. Pretty please even...

I would welcome your brand and style of commentary. I can't get banned because I need to know where the snow line is in the spring.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You can do better than that. This ain't Tahoe, that is a working forest, people don't even get worked up when they clear cut next to a trail.
yeah but this is fragile urban mountainbikers we're talking about here

SPI ain't runnin that facebook page. Some dipshit with a fanny pack is. With enduro trousers in that video. Pants are bad enough but those.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah but this is fragile urban mountainbikers we're talking about here

SPI ain't runnin that facebook page. Some dipshit with a fanny pack is. With enduro trousers in that video. Pants are bad enough but those.....

They just aren't fragile about cutting trees in a state forest. Make fun of e-bikers or say you saw a bear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would have drawn a penis sticking up

ebikers you say?

What did I tell you? urban mountainbikers

They are illegal here and everyone will get their panties bunched if you attempt to infringe on peoples right to do whatever the fuck they want.

Actually, you may fit in rather well here.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They are illegal here and everyone will get their panties bunched if you attempt to infringe on peoples right to do whatever the fuck they want.

Actually, you may fit in rather well here.
do me a favor and go take some pics of really threatening things like ferns next to a trail and I'll make posts about they're interfering with my enjoyment of my new turbo levo because it got my sock wet when it brushed me

it's cold and dark outside, it's time for teamwork

watching the response of evergreen whatsitsfuck to a little dirtstick like that has me inspired

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Quebec City region is now the shitz.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Look who's back with a new trail.

They built this odd filter thing at the start. I doubt there are any rocks like that on the trail (I didn't ride it). One slip on that rounded rock and someone will have some happy ribs or thigh bruise from that fence thing. :brows:

Note the curated trash placement.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
snow starts about 3/4 of the way up master link. 2+ inches on the road from master link up. Snow on notg until just past the big log drop. Lower trails clear but very sloppy

View attachment 206050
Not banned yet?

Sometimes I question your dedication to Sparkle Motion.

At least someone is out there doing gods work.

1704613125772.png

Not sure if that is supposed be cock'n balls, dick butt, or dick tits. but I appreciate the effort.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not banned yet?

Sometimes I question your dedication to Sparkle Motion.

At least someone is out there doing gods work.

View attachment 206051

Not sure if that is supposed be cock'n balls, dick butt, or dick tits. but I appreciate the effort.
you can tell it's cold up there

gotta build a portfolio of plausible deniability son

trust me on this. I spent 15 years posting up bike shit, just so I can make rideit lose his mind over things that don't matter. Don't talk to me about work. I had to hang out with mountainbikers to get where I am today.

Last edited: