Quantcast

Excavators front and back?

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
Hey all, soon I'll be racing on dry, dusty and sandy conditions in the CCCX DH series. I like excavators, is there any logical reason why I shouldn't run two of them?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Hey all, soon I'll be racing on dry, dusty and sandy conditions in the CCCX DH series. I like excavators, is there any logical reason why I shouldn't run two of them?
I find the caterpillar tracks don't corner all that well in the tight stuff, and they're pretty heavy - see if you can find a Ti bucket. Great braking traction though.

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR
I just threw on a set of Excavators for my ride this morning. While I liked the traction front and rear, they were noticeably slower rolling compared to the DHF/DHF or DHF/Highroller combo I run.

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
I still want to know what a Ti bucket is.

I'm not too concerned with rolling resistance cause I'm good at pedaling.

I just wondered if there was some really good, but not obvious reason, why a person shouldn't run two of the same tire.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Dude, he was being sarcastic. He was referring to the excavator as an earth moving machine, not a tire. Get it?

Yes, you can run both! With good results, even.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Excavators are good, little slow rolling. Personally for front and rear I feel its a bit too much traction for the rear. I know that sounds strange, but it <to me> really felt like I had to grad a on of rear brake to get the rear to break loose for a bit of a slide.