Quantcast

Excel help: checkered boxes for a data set

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
As titled, I am trying to checker a data set. Row and column, every other box a color not white. I basically have a 100x100 data set that's all numbers and I need to break it up so that it is easier to look through.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
From my limited experience checkering 10K bits of information will not be any more effective than alternating columns or rows, I review massive spread sheets and seldom see checker boards on anything other than small tables.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
From my limited experience checkering 10K bits of information will not be any more effective than alternating columns or rows, I review massive spread sheets and seldom see checker boards on anything other than small tables.
It's a data set that I reference multiple times per day. much easier for me to do that way. Also, I don't feel like writing a macro.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
It's a data set that I reference multiple times per day. much easier for me to do that way. Also, I don't feel like writing a macro.
Whatever works for you, but I find that alternating rows or columns makes it easier for your eye to follow from the header to the number. You wouldn't need a macro just do it for the first few cells and then format paste it everywhere else like you did for the checkerboard.

This can really help you look at lots of data when combined with the "Freeze Panes" option