Quantcast

Excel monkies

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I've got basic excel skills.

Is there a "find" function? For example, if I've got a reference number, example 600524 in a cell somewhere, and I need to locate it, what is the easy way to do it? Or is there.

FWIW, these are the sheets where I log my incoming contract repairs for a certain manufacterer. They give the the #, I log them in the day they arrive here, not in numerical sequence.

thank you as always.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've got basic excel skills.

Is there a "find" function? For example, if I've got a reference number, example 600524 in a cell somewhere, and I need to locate it, what is the easy way to do it? Or is there.

FWIW, these are the sheets where I log my incoming contract repairs for a certain manufacterer. They give the the #, I log them in the day they arrive here, not in numerical sequence.

thank you as always.

CTRL + F.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Note:

Click on Options > Within > Workbook to search all worksheets at once.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Don't know for sure but can you use Worldship from UPS? It's on their site somewhere and much easier to use. You will need to have your own UPS account number but you can bill third party very easily.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I have my own UPS account, and I use whatever the default UPS site is for preparing packages. (quantum view?) Is Worldview that different? QV is easy enough to use, but searching by a reference number really sucks - i can get it to actually find the package by reference number about 1/10 attempts.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have my own UPS account, and I use whatever the default UPS site is for preparing packages. (quantum view?) Is Worldview that different? QV is easy enough to use, but searching by a reference number really sucks - i can get it to actually find the package by reference number about 1/10 attempts.
Quantum View is not the default, (I don't think anyway) - about the same as Fedex Insight, except the latter is easier IMHO.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/bussol/offering/technology/visibility/quantum_view/manage.html

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Worldship is a standalone software package, very different from Quantum View.

I believe it will handle up to 5 references numbers per shipment (we use 2). The search is actually pretty good but we normally search by name and not reference number. Each day's shipments are in a tabbed list making it easy to find without searching if you know the day it was shipped.

The most annoying thing about WS is that it downloads updates and rate changes every time you start it. If you open it first thing in the morning and let it go through the multiple update/restart cycle while you're doing other things it becomes a little less annoying.

You could contact your local UPS rep or software downloads and user manuals are here: http://www.ups.com/content/corp/worldwide/worldship_download.html?srch_pos=2&srch_phr=worldship