Quantcast

Exclusive: Sam Hill's 2013 Team CRC/Nukeproof Pulse frame

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Just found this and it looks very very nice indeed! Can see the Deemax and Blackbox gear setting it off already, hopefully its podium bound.
crc_np_teamframea.jpgcrc_np_teamframeb.jpgcrc_np_teamframed.jpgcrc_np_teamframeg.jpgcrc_np_teamframeh.jpgcrc_np_teamframei.jpgcrc_np_teamframej.jpgcrc_np_teamframee.jpgcrc_np_teamframef.jpgcrc_np_teamframek.jpgcrc_np_teamframel.jpg

Last edited:

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
seriously horrendous labelling. I hope they paying Sammo a ****load of do$h, or rather, I hope, as one of the premiere, formost DH proponents the world has ever known (yes, rabid fanboism laced descriptions there :P ), that he charged them big BIG money to go around dressed as someone's personalised advertising clown. Even with the team kits listed on the UCI website, it would appear TLD didn't get much artistic freedom. Subtlety and style is not CRCs concern it would seem.

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, much worse than the subtle fluorescent green bike he spent his best years on. :D

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
I dont have problem with that design. I usually like designers works. Most common people have very conservative taste and im not surprised by comments.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I dont have problem with that design. I usually like designers works. Most common people have very conservative taste and im not surprised by comments.
It does have a little semblance to the Swedish flag.:D

Overall, not bad if the CRC logo on the top tube were removed or at least reworked.

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
seriously horrendous labelling. I hope they paying Sammo a ****load of do$h, or rather, I hope, as one of the premiere, formost DH proponents the world has ever known (yes, rabid fanboism laced descriptions there :P ), that he charged them big BIG money to go around dressed as someone's personalised advertising clown. Even with the team kits listed on the UCI website, it would appear TLD didn't get much artistic freedom. Subtlety and style is not CRCs concern it would seem.

you dont get it aye....Advertising clown,you mean sponsored rider at the highest level where companies pay him lots of money to do a job and in return they want EXPOSURE . Sponsors need to be seen. and these bikes will get photos and stand out in them under sam and all the team.
If the bikes looked subtle it wouldn't work as a piece of advertising.
Transcend can you chime in here ,surely a brighter bike works out for you and the industry better?

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Marketing and branding doesn't rely solely on slapping logos and URLs everywhere. That is a truly horrendous design and it looks like the kind of **** I had to do, for clients who have their heads so far up their own asses that they wouldn't know good design if it was standing right in front of them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Should've used comic sans for the lettering to really whip the 'designers' into a frenzy.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Maybe I'm still hungover but I think the frame actually looks good. I did only take 3 marketing classes in college though, most of which I skipped or was hungover. Jesus, am I an alcoholic?

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Marketing and branding doesn't rely solely on slapping logos and URLs everywhere. That is a truly horrendous design and it looks like the kind of **** I had to do, for clients who have their heads so far up their own asses that they wouldn't know good design if it was standing right in front of them.
really? you say against a lot to yourself.

it is what marketing about. Look at race cars. they are slapped with all possible ****.

be happy that you dont see that in consumer version.

Also dont forget that CRC is one of largest retail stores in the world. So they are pretty aggressive in their approach.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That Nukeproof is...probably one of the better looking WC bikes I've seen with the color combo, the lines, and the lettering that is easy to read. Have you seen some of the absurd looking bikes out there in the last few seasons?

Plus all the bikes that Sam Hill has been on before this have basically been hideous, except for that one red/black demo from a couple years ago.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Some of the silliness in this thread is taking RM to new levels of absurd.

The closest thing we can compare this racing to, outside of cycling, is moto.....

Oh look, a billboard. How dare those companies, dishing out cash to fund a racers dream, impose such brash branding on the bike they gave him and are paying him to race on....

sarcasm aside, it's actually a half decent job. The colors have always contrasted well on team jerseys in other sports, the logos aren't a mash-up, and it's only 2 colors with some white thrown in... If anything, this is the most visually appealing set-up Sam's ridden to date and it will be immediately recognizable, and transcend to motion on the redbull stream quite well. But, I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion on style, and it would be interesting to see the clothing the haters wear, so this Ermenegildo Zegna suit owning guy can have a chuckle as well.

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
How dare a company that's in the business of selling bikes advertise on their race bikes!
I couldnt care less what they do, but Im a potential customer and this paint/sticker job isnt giving me a hard on...
I think everybody allready knows chainreactioncycles.com too so its not like they need to get their name out there.

Whatever floats your boat I guess, but this design is not for me.

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I couldnt care less what they do, but Im a potential customer and this paint/sticker job isnt giving me a hard on...
I think everybody allready knows chainreactioncycles.com too so its not like they need to get their name out there.

Oh man, a high-end mountain bike frame on the other side of the world miraculously isn't getting you a boner?? Geez, life really does suck. I think we should start a charity for you, the "Bike Frame Boner Revival Fund". What else could the world do to make this situation better for you?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Oh man, a high-end mountain bike frame on the other side of the world miraculously isn't getting you a boner?? Geez, life really does suck. I think we should start a charity for you, the "Bike Frame Boner Revival Fund". What else could the world do to make this situation better for you?
Nice job on completely missing my point Beavis...

And Im from a country neighbouring the UK and Ive been ordering stuff from them for over 10 years.
I think that pretty much entitles me to a signature frame right thurrr. :rant:

Last edited:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC

So following your logic, companies like CocaCola or Ford, shouldnt advertise their products anywhere since EVERY ONE knows them am I right ?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back on topic, I actually think that frame is going to look great once built up...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So following your logic, companies like CocaCola or Ford, shouldnt advertise their products anywhere since EVERY ONE knows them am I right ?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back on topic, I actually think that frame is going to look great once built up...
Youre wrong.
Everybody allready knows chainreactioncycles but nobody is on the Sam Hill/Nukeproof bandwagon yet.
Therefore, if CRC is trying to push Nukeproof sales, it would make more sense in my opinion to give Hill a sexy beast that everybody thinks is hot.
Sure they can slap some stickers on a bike but this is a bit over done in my opinion.

The CRC Marketing team can learn a thing or two here if theyd pay attention.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The whole nukeproof branding and logo is the beyond ugly. I hope they did not spend too much money buying the rights to that name.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

Bravo for neg repping me on this post gemini2k.
You dont even post in this thread but go around neg repping people like a sandy vagina, a real contribution to this forum!!

Last edited:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
lol, I think this is must be the first time someone tells me LOUD and CLEAR on here that I AM WRONG ! hahahah.I get what youre saying now Kevin but why soooo much anger???You need to take a chill pill or something buddy...and Im sorry but YOU are wrong to think what CRC 's doing isnt a good marketing move...cause to be honest with you ,it works for me so clearly its not completely wrong:thumb:

Id much rather buy THAT frame than any of the hideous Demo 8 Sam rode while he was with Specialized so...to each his own I suppose.

BTW , saying someone is wrong to like something you dont like or shares a different opinion on the internet is just plain stupid...

CRC logo/color may not be the best logo but its bold, clean and that, is a good thing for an online retailer...Its punchy and easy to recognize= $$$.Im pretty sure CRC #1 priority is to sell stuff on the Internet, not racing WC bikes.They werent going to change their logo for some australian dude racing bicycles down a mountain :rofl:...Considering the graphic artist who did this had to work with that logo , I'd say he did a pretty good job and it wont matter much if Sam starts winning again cause those things are going to fly off the shelve like hotcakes

Again back on topic, I bet that thing is going to look pretty good, once it has yellow Deemaxes and and a white Boxxer up front...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Anger? What anger? I dont need a chill pill just because i said you were wrong in your coca cola/ford statement.
And yes you were wrong about it no matter how stupid you think it is for me to say that on the interwebz.
And yes to each his own as I allready said, i just dont think a lot of people are gonna be impressed by the graphics on this bike.

Last edited:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Oh dear Kevin , read a few of your other reply in this thread , you'll see why I think you seem a bit angry;)for the record , I never said you were stupid for having your own opinion but saying someone is wrong for having a different opinion than yours is stupid ;)

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Other posts? The one where i said whatever floats your boat but this design isnt my cup of tea? Or maybe you meant the one where i was being sarcastic about CRC owing me a signature frame because ive been a loyal customer for over ten years?
I seriously dont get where youre getting all this anger stuf from.
And i didnt say you were wrong in your opinion about the bike, i said you were wrong in the conclusion you drew from my post about coca colas marketing strategy.
Its all good though. You like the design amd i think its ****.
Its not a big deal really...

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
The bike looks awesome.

I'm sure CRC is crying themselves to sleep because internet bike riders don't like it.