Quantcast

Excuses and Adversity

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
Well, we have at least two people who need to grow up a bit...
Some things never change. (However, it seems that MisterClean HAS.)

Peresonally I would be more inclined to read MisterCleans stories if he posted them here on RM. As it is all they do is drive traffic to Spoke Junkies.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Ciaran said:
Some things never change. (However, it seems that MisterClean HAS.)
I agree. maybe now we are seeing the real MrClean, where as before we were seeing a gruff, chest thumping version. What ever the case may be I greatly appreciate the passion that he has for MTB'n, and recently his positive contribution to the monkey:thumb: , who knows maybe he had a few bad days and took it out on the monkey. Keep up the good write ups MrClean!

Ciaran said:
Peresonally I would be more inclined to read MisterCleans stories if he posted them here on RM. As it is all they do is drive traffic to Spoke Junkies.
I don't really mind going there to read the things! its not like a paid site or anything!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
blue said:
You look like an asshole cop. Congrats.

You going all hucky-ducky on us now?
You need to keep the word "temporary" fresh in your mind.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
brungeman said:
I agree. maybe now we are seeing the real MrClean, where as before we were seeing a gruff, chest thumping version.

I don't really mind going there to read the things! its not like a paid site or anything!
Oh, I still know how to thump my chest, but prefer to do that just by riding the hell out of my bikes. Arguing on the internet is a huge waste of time, even when some feeb tries telling me something they think they know about what I do know. They aren't worth it.

As far as the Spokejunkies site goes, it's a non-commercial entity and loads much more quickly than any commercial site due to a lack of advertising. There is no commercial competition with this or any other site, so it should be a moot point to their administrators.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MisterClean said:
Oh, I still know how to thump my chest, but prefer to do that just by riding the hell out of my bikes. Arguing on the internet is a huge waste of time, even when some feeb tries telling me something they think they know about what I do know. They aren't worth it.

As far as the Spokejunkies site goes, it's a non-commercial entity and loads much more quickly than any commercial site due to a lack of advertising. There is no commercial competition with this or any other site, so it should be a moot point to their administrators.
Agreed... E-Flexing is counter productive.

Spoke junkies is a great site as I have stated before... that site is based out of Ohio, and a lot of the Junkies ride in the Western PA area for a change of scenery. I like what their site is and what it stands for! RIDE ON!

J

JRB

These are the Mr Clean threads I liked first. Good job, bro.

blue - you suck

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Well, we have at least two people who need to grow up a bit...
I'm pretty sure that Bob was poking at me. He knows I wouldn't drop that. He's in NC btw. You should look him up. Cool dude.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Why not post this in the Ride Reports section? And why do all of you think he is some sort of god? He posted crap like this beforehand with vague titles, but nobody seemed to care.

Did I miss something in my absence? Did he apologize for anything?

PS:
Why not post the full thing? Linking still detracts $$$ from advertisers, even if it's to a non-commercial site.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
blue said:
Why not post this in the Ride Reports section? And why do all of you think he is some sort of god? He posted crap like this beforehand with vague titles, but nobody seemed to care.
Some folks might wish that your parents hadn't gotten wasted and bumped uglies, and then forgot to take care of their little problem before it popped out.

But I don't agree with them.

Having you around to post is great because you make even the most confused, most unintelligent and most immature thirteen year olds that post on RM look like little Einsteins.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
justsomeguy said:
Some folks might wish that your parents hadn't gotten wasted and bumped uglies, and then forgot to take care of their little problem before it popped out.
It's a damn shame my parents are Mormon and never tasted alcohol, also that I graduated from HS a year ago with a 3.8...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
blue said:
Did I miss something in my absence? Did he apologize for anything?
MisterClean apologized to the entire internet. Ridemonkey, MTBR, alt-mountain.bike.

Now go be nice, ride your bike and post a ride report anywhere you like. I'll look forward to reading it.

Mike

madbob

Monkey
May 31, 2004
fayettenam/camp mckall
loco said:
I'm pretty sure that Bob was poking at me. He knows I wouldn't drop that. He's in NC btw. You should look him up. Cool dude.
not making fun of you. that ledge isn't much taller than the ladder we built that god destroyed. I think you'd do it after you rode around it oh..... at least 3 or 4 times :)

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
blue said:
It's a damn shame my parents are Mormon and never tasted alcohol...
So I bet they're pretty disappointed in you with all this cursing on the internet you're doing. Does this mean you're not going to get your own planet someday?

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
brungeman said:
Spoke junkies is a great site as I have stated before... that site is based out of Ohio, and a lot of the Junkies ride in the Western PA area for a change of scenery. I like what their site is and what it stands for! RIDE ON!
I rode with them in Western PA once and we went to Quaker Steak & Lube in Sharon, PA afterwards. I've ridden with them a few times in other places too.

splat

Nam I am
Nice Pics and write up as usual. I don't mind the linking, its quite simple to use and since that is his local forum most likely you will get more info about the ride. If you continue to scroll down there are more pictures that probably would not have made it here and we wouldn't have gotten to see.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MisterClean said:
I rode with them in Western PA once and we went to Quaker Steak & Lube in Sharon, PA afterwards. I've ridden with them a few times in other places too.
do you remember where you rode?

Good folks? I never met them face to face, but I know they have done some of the rides I have been on! like the punk bike enduro by DirtRag which is a free "Race" ride where there are stages, beer stops, and all out frivolities. There are only a few road connectors in it, mostly in the woods in December this years Punk bike it was 28 degrees or something with snow flurries. Did I mention it was free, with free beer at the end supplied by Troegs and DirtRag! everyone brought stuff to share to eat and there was a goofy prize ceremony. It is a good time. I know you don't like racing, (I am not that into it myself) but this is nothing like any race you have ever done before.

As far as the Lube in Sharon PA, that is a pretty cool place with all the cars hanging from the ceiling and vintage motorcycles. Their wings are great, but food is just average. As a matter of fact there are a few little known places that have great wings and great food, but not the atmosphere. I could have gone for ANY food yesterday on our ride. I completely hit the wall an bonked. I flat out broke.

If your ever out this way again drop a line, I look from time to time at the SJ website to check where they are doing rides etc. I like what they are doing!

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
brungeman said:
do you remember where you rode?

Good folks? I never met them face to face, but I know they have done some of the rides I have been on!

As far as the Lube in Sharon PA, that is a pretty cool place with all the cars hanging from the ceiling and vintage motorcycles. Their wings are great, but food is just average. As a matter of fact there are a few little known places that have great wings and great food, but not the atmosphere. I could have gone for ANY food yesterday on our ride. I completely hit the wall an bonked. I flat out broke.

If your ever out this way again drop a line, I look from time to time at the SJ website to check where they are doing rides etc. I like what they are doing!
We rode at Kennerdell.

All of the ones I met were cool people. Of course there are a couple of people on their message boards who enjoy displaying keyboard courage, but that's a sad and inescapable by-product of the 'net.

The wings and atmosphere were good. QS&L is a place that must be visited at least once. I don't forsee traveling to the East in the near future because there is so much out West I still want to ride.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MisterClean said:
We rode at Kennerdell.

All of the ones I met were cool people. Of course there are a couple of people on their message boards who enjoy displaying keyboard courage, but that's a sad and inescapable by-product of the 'net.

The wings and atmosphere were good. QS&L is a place that must be visited at least once. I don't forsee traveling to the East in the near future because there is so much out West I still want to ride.
right on! I don't know when you rode Kennerdell, but it used to be a GREAT ride. long story short Bill Burp (not real name but close) was trying to keep up with some folks above his riding level, and fell off of one of those cliffs on the "windows trail" and the only thing that saved him was landing on his full camelback which broke his fall. (he was in a bunch of mags about his story and I think was then in ads for camelback) He still broke his back and was in a halo for some time. In the rescue attempt, the local emt's etc. cut every log all the way down the trail to get a quad and gurney back there. so alot of the tech stuff was torn out! then a guy at a local bike shop, put together all the trail notes we all had, and published them in a book. People were pretty upset about this, but then to make things worse, he then took that book to his friends and had them rework the directions to suit people on horseback, and sold both sets of books and made a mint! All of which wouldn't have been a problem, but most of the equestrians then went through and sterilized the trails to the point that I haven't been back in years. I hope you got to see some of the good parts of it, cause it used to be great!

I understand about out west. My friend Don (He is in my ride report on the ride report page "yeti sighting" )is moving out to Tucson this summer, so he can have some new terrain to conquer!