vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
downhillracer said:
What is the status on Exit 38?
One of my friends went up there and got a $250 ticket
Thanks for any help
Hopefully not forever. Actually a friend of mine will be meeting with the "Powers that be" regarding E38 and he plans to try to educate them about DHing in the area. More info on that as it develops.

DHR, could you elaborate on your friend's $250 ticket? Were they nabbed riding the trails or what? Who issued the ticket? When was this?
Thanks, John

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I went to 38 this weekend and got busted. They didnt give me a ticket though..... instead they used a portable chop saw and cut my bike into pieces.....

Untill someone posts a real image of thier ticket, I claim that there is an elitist plot to scare people away from the trails. Without proof were free to develop conspiracy theorys......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
vibiker said:
Actually a friend of mine will be meeting with the "Powers that be" regarding E38 and he plans to try to educate them about DHing in the area.
Hahah....I find this statement amusing :rolleyes:

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
+1: Conspiracy plot to steer people away.

I have never met a physical person that has gotten a ticket for this.... Just e-stories.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Actually 38 is going to close this winter. From snow. Word around the campfire is certain people shouldn't try discouraging other to ride trails they don't do any trailwork on. Man i love rumors....

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
BigB you back in action? Glad to see you are alive man. You missed a great summer of shredding. 38 is indeed closed and the tickets are real.
The signs are there and 27 is out as well. Good luck to us all. Give me a buzz when you get a chance.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Big B said:
I do know that as of last week, they have signs posted saying that the forest is closed to mountain bikes.

I don't know about tickets though...
Again, none of this is believeable 'till the photos are posted showing the signs. Just more fuel to the conspiracy. :thumb:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
oly said:
theres a wormhole in the trees that actually takes you right to draculas castle. In fact, its right next to the signs and the rangers giving tickets. :D
The answer is simple if this is indeed the situation we're up against. WEAR GARLIC!!! Vampires despise garlic. I'd recommend a wooden stake, but if you had to bail it could get ugly.

Now if we could just locate the Whistler wormhole.:monkey:

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I am thinking about going there soon to ride it anyways
so I will check out all these claims and i will take pics of these signs if there are any.
Is E38 a mudhole this time of the year
or is it still good?
Thanks

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Don't forget your camera and take a picture of the no bikes sign right as you turn off the pavement. Which is in itself a joke as you can ride the gravel roads all day long if you like...
downhillracer said:
I am thinking about going there soon to ride it always
so I will check out all these claims and i will take pics of these signs if there are any.
Is E38 a mudhole this time of the year
or is it still good?
Thanks

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
largextracheese said:
BigB you back in action? Glad to see you are alive man. You missed a great summer of shredding. 38 is indeed closed and the tickets are real.
The signs are there and 27 is out as well. Good luck to us all. Give me a buzz when you get a chance.
Yup, I'm back and I've only dislocated my shoulder since I broke my wrist (is that good or bad?) Anyway, PM your phone number because I've had no luck getting ahold of you. I know our Banshee riding friend has tried to hook us all up for a few trips, but it seems like schedules are always getting in the way.

I just finished up building my Knolly V-tach and tried it out up by Bellingham. WOOHOO!! Frigg'in awesome rig! I can't wait till spring when I can really pin it without slip-slid'in all over the trail.

As soon as it stops raining I'll be at Sea-tac. Do you still get any runs in there?

I'm already missing the exits... :mumble:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
trailhacker said:
Don't forget your camera and take a picture of the no bikes sign right as you turn off the pavement. Which is in itself a joke as you can ride the gravel roads all day long if you like...
:mumble:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:

Way to run a good conspiracy....

By the looks of it though, only fully rigid bikes are banned. You could use the defence that you thought the sign was warning of the dangers of that kind of bike on those trails.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Str8OutaBallard said:
tell all your freeRide Unicycle buddies it's wide open at 38...:thumb:
I just got NWD2 the other day from netflix, and on the DVD extras was a whole Unicycle movie with the 2 guys in mexico. I forgot how dumb those guys look riding around.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
oly said:
I just got NWD2 the other day from netflix, and on the DVD extras was a whole Unicycle movie with the 2 guys in mexico. I forgot how dumb those guys look riding around.
YOu don't think that ouncing down a hill with your hand in your crotch is cool? Well then I don't know what is........

MMike said:
YOu don't think that ouncing down a hill with your hand in your crotch is cool? Well then I don't know what is........

there is a guy in west seattl ethat rides a Xtreme unicycle, I want to kick him in the junk real bad! I think hes a homo!

as for the ticket thing, Im sick of this he said she said...Im going to go get myself a ticket and see if its true! And if any one asks my name its Craven Moorehed!:nuts:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bibs said:
there is a guy in west seattl ethat rides a Xtreme unicycle, I want to kick him in the junk real bad! I think hes a homo!

as for the ticket thing, Im sick of this he said she said...Im going to go get myself a ticket and see if its true! And if any one asks my name its Craven Moorehed!:nuts:
And I always thought Bibs was a "Sensitive Athlete"

:sneaky: Bibs, guess who I ran into last weekend.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
get the ticket..take it to court....let everyone know...so all of us riders can pile into the court room and make a huge scene, and jam up the court system for the day!!!! but seriously....whats the world coming to when you can actually get a ticket for riding a bike????

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Damage to a DNR asset is...damage to a DNR asset.Whether hiking,biking or 4wd,if they percive the usage as a threat to the dollar value of the timber then it's their call.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
jeepmauler said:
Damage to a DNR asset is...damage to a DNR asset.Whether hiking,biking or 4wd,if they percive the usage as a threat to the dollar value of the timber then it's their call.
Holly Crap! You're back:cool: