Quantcast

exit 38 on saturday

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i think it's about time i make it out there. assuming everyone has through axle front ends i have room on the rack for 2, maybe 3 if you want to wrestle with the fork up.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I might be able to round up some of the usual suspects for a ride, I'll make some calls.

SuperSlow said:
whats the trail like? Ive got room for maybe 5-6 bikes
xterra+ bike rack
If you like Snakonia you'll like 38. I was supposed to ride snakonia sunday but someone didn't answer their phone :rolleyes: :blah: ... so I'm only speaking from the video I saw on here.

38 is tight, there's a good 5+ lines you can take down. It's real similar to upper Whistler I'd say but not nearly as long. It has some nice DH riding with an average of 4-5 foot root drops every so often and at the bottom there's some nice double's to mess around on. Nothing like Furby's but it blows Galbraith out of the water! It's short, each run's maybe 5-10 min. long depending on how fast you take her but worth it. The shuttle is steep and the last part of the shuttle has some nice size boulder shavings so make sure you don't get stuck in the VW van... ;)

We normally ride 38 3-4 times and then hike 27 to cap off the day, if you make a trip down to 38 make sure you hit up 27 too, especially after seeing what you built, your going to love 27!!!

Wish I could join you but I'll be doing Microbiology catch up alll week. Have a blast!

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Big-rig trails for sure. 38 is more of a DH trail w/ some jumps near the bottom. 27 is the trail I have to stay away from until I get a bigger bike. :o:
Andy your posting link on your signature is friggin' classic. I think I fall into that category sometimes lol
Did you make that?
Someone give Andy a job!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeknomedir said:
Andy your posting link on your signature is friggin' classic. I think I fall into that category sometimes lol
Did you make that?
Someone give Andy a job!
No...I wish I could say that is my creation. I'd be lying if I did. I just like it - it's both hilarous and relevant.;)

Yes, somebody give me a freaking job...please? If you need to contact me, I'll be at SST all day today.:p

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
edinSvenson2 said:
Anyone want to shuttle? I have a VW bus that couldnt take more than one dude and one bike.

Erin
I don't have a shuttle rig, but I could contribute gas/beer money for letting me tag along if you get enough vehicles together.

edinSvenson2

Chimp
Feb 10, 2004
Yeknomedir said:
Had I not just parted out my bike to sell for surgery costs I'd shuttle with ya'll. I have a big ole chevy that is par for the course...Have fun, 38 rips!
I, on behalf of the entire PNW RM Community, would like to thank you for what you would have contributed would you have been able to contribute.

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
I may be down for Saturday. I haven't been on my bike for MONTHS now since a crash at 38. I went right from over shooting the last gap to the ER.
I have my truck for the shuttle also. I'll see how I am feeling later this week.
who is in for Sat???

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Would a subaru impreza be able to make it up to the top? It's a damn shame that I've never ridden there yet.

j-