Quantcast

exit 5X

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I would buy a pass at the summit. With a nice jump park they would do really well. Would be fun to have "park jams" up there on a certain weekend afternoon as some sorta series or something.

Hope this all works out

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
DesuL said:
I would buy a pass at the summit. With a nice jump park they would do really well. Would be fun to have "park jams" up there on a certain weekend afternoon as some sorta series or something.

Hope this all works out
That would be something positive, time will tell.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Resurrecting a dead thread. Has anyone heard of, or made any progress on any of this? I remembering reading something vague about a USFS proposal by Stevens for lift served. Any progress on Snoqualmie Pass? Does anyone have any idea of what Stevens Pass might be working towards?

I have ridden some of the new trails opened up, and even though they are mere minutes from my house I was not impressed. Fact is I will never ride either of them again if I can help it. The progression of mountain biking seems to be less oriented towards Xcountry and more towards DH/Freeride. Galbraith is doing great, but only services a small community of local riders and those willing to make a long drive to get there, and it's all earn your turns stuff anyway.

I'm just making inquiry, and not trying to goad anybody into action. If I had more time I would certainly devote it to helping out, but my 2-3 months a year in the US require my attention elsewhere.

FatalExposure said:
I remembering reading something vague about a USFS proposal by Stevens for lift served. Any progress on Snoqualmie Pass? Does anyone have any idea of what Stevens Pass might be working towards?

I have ridden some of the new trails opened up, and even though they are mere minutes from my house I was not impressed. Fact is I will never ride either of them again if I can help it. The progression of mountain biking seems to be less oriented towards Xcountry and more towards DH/Freeride. Galbraith is doing great, but only services a small community of local riders and those willing to make a long drive to get there, and it's all earn your turns stuff anyway.
If you're complaining about the DH/freeride trend, why do you need lift access? Isn't XC all about "earning your DH" by climbing forever first?

BTW, I have chatted with Snoqualmie management and it seems that they would like to have summer MTB operations but protecting themselves against lawsuits like the one that shut them down before is too cost-prohibitive. I even suggested that people I know would help build trails/stunts - as volunteers - but apparently the biggest problem is liability insurance.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
No, I was saying that it seems like a lot of advocacy is going towards building REALLY uninspired Xcountry trails that aren't even that great as far as Xcountry goes. And I was also referring to a trail that took ten years of advocacy work to reopen, which I had unknowingly poached for 5 years. Why would I complain? I already own a condo in Pemberton. I'm just thinking of all the kids who could be enjoying something healthy close to home. At one time I had my own interests in mind too, but I am bailing to S Oregon/NorCal for good.

I would prefer to see DH trails built, and some lift served biking hooked up for folks. I'm just making inquiry to see if anything has happened.

Now I know this whole Snocrummy thing has been debated ad naseum and I thought the final story was NO lawsuit ever happened, and that the lift served was simply NOT profitable. Seems like a lot of misinformation and myth exists out there. If someone has the real scoop please keep the flame alive. I had a small group of private investors interested in assisting but the primary took a residency in Pennsylvania and took his $$$ with him.

I hope you all keep it going, and it becomes a reality.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
I know it is a stupid long drive for All you westerners but SilverMountain (Kellogg Idaho) is spear heading DH right now. THey have buit 3 new trails this summer alone and a dj park with 4 six foot tall wood kickers. 20 minutes to the bottom completly pinned down. They are building NS style trails with total lift access at 3200 verticle feet of fun. Plust they own the whole damn mountain(USFS can't touch them) we are talking craps loads of space for expansion and they put free races every other weekend and give out at least 50 to 100 dollars worth of stuff just for showing up and ridding regaurdless of how you place. Tickets are only 25 bucks a day and no conversion rate. You should seriously consider supporting them. They got DH'ERS Backs and are gunning to be the next whislter. There is race sunday after next and it should be sick. Word on the street is gonna be a "stunt course race"(over skinnies and teedders through the woods) and a 2 run format dh, both runs are on different courses!! The only cost to you is lift tickets!!! No BS liscensing fee or race fees. Plus all the free stuff they give away for being there.

Everyone who go's has the time of there lives all smiles good times

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Slider said:
I know it is a stupid long drive for All you westerners but SilverMountain (Kellogg Idaho) is spear heading DH right now. THey have buit 3 new trails this summer alone and a dj park with 4 six foot tall wood kickers. 20 minutes to the bottom completly pinned down. They are building NS style trails with total lift access at 3200 verticle feet of fun. Plust they own the whole damn mountain(USFS can't touch them) we are talking craps loads of space for expansion and they put free races every other weekend and give out at least 50 to 100 dollars worth of stuff just for showing up and ridding regaurdless of how you place. Tickets are only 25 bucks a day and no conversion rate. You should seriously consider supporting them. They got DH'ERS Backs and are gunning to be the next whislter. There is race sunday after next and it should be sick. Word on the street is gonna be a "stunt course race"(over skinnies and teedders through the woods) and a 2 run format dh, both runs are on different courses!! The only cost to you is lift tickets!!! No BS liscensing fee or race fees. Plus all the free stuff they give away for being there.

Everyone who go's has the time of there lives all smiles good times
That sounds like a total blast!!! Too bad they didn't buy any mountains out here before real estate went sky-high.