Quantcast

Exiwolf 2.3

Sep 26, 2011
Just got this tire for the rear and in my rush to the glory it is reported to produce, I put the effer on backwards. Being that I am extremely lazy, I really don't wanna pull it off and turn it around...even though it is tubed. Anyone running this bad boy backwards on their rear wheel? The front is a Nobby Nic 2.25, and truth be told I am looking to hook up a little more with the trail, as I am riding in relatively wet conditions with a boatload of roots, leaves, a couple of rock gardens and some loose-over-hard climbs. There are a couple of fairly intense technical/rocky sections, as well. Oh, and does anyone else feel that the Nobby Nics suggested direction is actually baclwards? Intuitively, it appears as if it should be mounted "backwards"...

Thx,

-EGS

PS - Bike is a Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite full squish.

Last edited:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I used to run my Exiwolf backwards as a rear tire so you are probably good to go to get as much as you can out of that particular tire as a rear tire.

There area lot of better tire options out there than the Exiwolf these days in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Mark