Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's too bad you're suffering from religious psychosis too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

Also failure to worship the US God:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation

Biggest "Success" - 10X as many victims as the second 9-11

See also US oil interest victims in Iraq - 100X as many victims.
ummmm......it was a canadian....everyone loves canadaians.....do they even have skyscrapers to fly planes into?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

should be 'the spelling test'

also relevant for the religion of rabidly pro-gay (like anyone needs to GAF about someone else's orientation)

hypocrisy test, indeed!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
2 things about this are troubling to me:
When the group was allowed to enter the schools, they followed the same rules as the Gideons, leaving five copies of the book after school to avoid talking to students. They were not present Friday during school hours. Glassmeyer, a paralegal, was stumped by the opposition.
proselytizing is allowed in public schools? i view dissemination of religious materials for other than academic purposes this way -- maybe SCOTUS disagrees?

given tacit approval to above, why would the parents object? turnabout being fair play & all (with a more extreme version by Silver to show pr0n; his religion of choice).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
^^ I kind of liked Mike Huckabee after watching him on John Stewart. Seemed reasonable enough, more so than many of his colleagues anyway. But after he started taking a rigid anti-gay stance and making statements like the one above, I realize he's just another religious nut job, but with influence.

And love the ubiquitous, all-purpose, hate cloaking platitude of, "Hey, look, it's not my fault I behave like a jackass, just trying to follow the Bible."

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But why did god make hermaphrodites, and are they allowed to marry?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^ I kind of liked Mike Huckabee after watching him on John Stewart. Seemed reasonable enough, more so than many of his colleagues anyway. But after he started taking a rigid anti-gay stance and making statements like the one above, I realize he's just another religious nut job, but with influence.

And love the ubiquitous, all-purpose, hate cloaking platitude of, "Hey, look, it's not my fault I behave like a jackass, just trying to follow the Bible."
sorry you see it that way. maybe when you are compelled to commission a religious piece you find objectionable your opinion may 'evolve'

you are the perfect guinea pig for just this experiment. hope it doesn't come to that. anyone who uses the courts to compel someone to 'work' is a douche. (and anyone who wouldn't phone in some shoddy work when compelled isn't wise)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sorry you see it that way. maybe when you are compelled to commission a religious piece you find objectionable your opinion may 'evolve'

you are the perfect guinea pig for just this experiment. hope it doesn't come to that. anyone who uses the courts to compel someone to 'work' is a douche. (and anyone who wouldn't phone in some shoddy work when compelled isn't wise)
"so because I think like a discriminating bigot, everyone else must too, just given the right circumstances"

That's retarded. No one is born a bigoted Christian. And being one isn't the same thing as being gay. And only one of those truly has a problem being discriminated against.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"so because I think like a discriminating bigot, everyone else must too, just given the right circumstances"

That's retarded. No one is born a bigoted Christian. And being one isn't the same thing as being gay. And only one of those truly has a problem being discriminated against.
speaking of discriminating bigoted christians:
http://americablog.com/2009/06/obama-defends-doma-in-federal-court-says-banning-gay-marriage-is-good-for-the-federal-budget-invokes-incest-and-marrying-children.html

and my position is in line w/ JD's, plus this: if you're going to enter the *public* market place, then you serve the *public*, just not the easy-to-swallow pieces.

so, one should feel very free to keep his "bigotry". just keep it in the closet.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh gawd. I'd almost forgotten about his naive 'bipartisan phase'.

and my position is in line w/ JD's, plus this: if you're going to enter the *public* market place, then you serve the *public*, just not the easy-to-swallow pieces.

so, one should feel very free to keep his "bigotry". just keep it in the closet.
atta boy!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I've made plenty of religious pieces that I found somewhat objectionable back when I did that type of "custom" work. But I made them anyway, why ? Because I'm a pro.

And I'm guessing what Huckabee is probably leaving out is the use of contracts between the photographer and the client. If they both agree to the terms, sign the contract, and a deposit is made, then it's a legally binding agreement. The photographer probably found out it was a gay wedding and cancelled, but didn't want to give back the deposit. So the client does the only thing possible, and seeks restitution through the courts. No different that paying a contractor to build a deck and he never finishes the job. Just speculating of course.