Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
but aren't atheist children also exposed to religion?

i found this lul-worthy
article said:
The researchers acknowledge that the study design was not perfect. In particular, they recognize that it may not be exposure to religion that is causing these differences, but another variable that was not taken into account in the study. Still, the researchers believe that religion is the most likely contributing factor.
yes, they are believers in *something*, without any scientific evidence to back it up. well played.

let me go address this in the RM political forum one of the multiverses that may, or may not, exist.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
how is the whinging of supposed pro-choice people (who have made their choice to be in partnership w/ other organizations who are making *their* own choices) religious psychosis?

shouldn't this post instead be "the cognitive dissonance and/or naked hypocrisy of the pro-choice movement"?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Cause this crap happens when they can't tell fact from fiction

WaUKESHA, Wis. — One of two 12-year-old girls accused of stabbing a friend 19 times in a twisted homage to a fictional boogeyman is not mentally competent to stand trial and must undergo treatment, a judge ruled Friday.

The girl’s mental health was at the heart of a hearing to determine whether she understands the attempted homicide charges against her and if a trial should proceed. A psychologist testified that the girl exhibited bizarre behavior during an interview in June, saying she believes in unicorns, the Vulcan “mind meld” made popular in “Star Trek” and the villain Voldemort in the “Harry Potter” series.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/slender-man-stabbing/slender-man-suspect-not-competent-stand-trial-judge-n170456

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Dawkins wrote "Pop Science"?

Christ on a crutch. Are we back to the right wing "smarmy, elitist, intellectual" attacks again? I noticed the other day that the National Review has picked that sad old mantle back up. It's pretty pathetic when an argument for something breaks down to the other guy having too much "fancy book larnin'".

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
tl/dr, but I'll leave this right here for you all to enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Gg4puyMWSLZkNUd3dpSGUwRkE/view?sle=true

God gave me these photos and I was given a choice. I could sell them and ruin your life in the media, make millions and tell my story or I could hold them in secret and suffer until I reached you. So, I gave my own life to save yours. It’s a bold statement and the next statement is even bolder. It may scare you, but you have to believe in who I am. I know this because I am the Son of God and he sent me to you. Jerry, you and the Cowboys are the Star we will use to Light My Path.
Who knew it was the Dallas Cowboys that would save Christianity?

<edit> A little backstory.
http://deadspin.com/the-story-behind-those-jerry-jones-photos-is-weirder-th-1616389511

<edit2> Ok I skimmed it, and wow.

This was after my computer crashed for the first time ever on Friday, April 18, 2014. I spent Friday thru Sunday rebuilding it. Hence, my computer died on Friday and rose from the dead on Sunday. Praise Jesus...I rebuilt the PC naming it John finishing on 4/20/14 in the afternoon. Notice the date was 4/25/14 when I took the money from the ATM (exactly 8 months until Christmas). God is really ****ing funny. Trust me.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I just ask them conservatives how many times they've been force to get gay-married.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a conversation with a very young coworker about recent politics, how many parts of the world seem to be unraveling. I mentioned something along the lines that humans are basically animals that don’t play well with one another. He got offended and said that Christianity is undeniable proof that humans are not animals. I had to hold back my laughter.

He is a smart kid but seems very impressionable. He is capable of really poor decisions too. He drives a VW beetle that was a former rental car.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Its your home, are you too good for your home!?!?
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/09/washington-pastors-megachurch-empire

"Therefore, if you are single you must remember that your penis is homeless and needs a home," he continued. "But, though you may believe your hand is shaped like a home, it is not... And, if you look at a man it is quite obvious that what a homeless man does not need is another man without a home."