Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucking classic

A Zimbabwean church pastor attempting to demonstrate how Jesus walked on water by crossing a river on foot was eaten alive when he was attacked by three crocodiles.

Jonathan Mthethwa of the Saint of the Last Days church brought his congregation to the area known locally as Crocodile River before attempting his biblical recreation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4505420/Pastor-eaten-crocodiles-demonstrating-Jesus-water-walk.html#ixzz4h7eivtNk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
fucking classic

A Zimbabwean church pastor attempting to demonstrate how Jesus walked on water by crossing a river on foot was eaten alive when he was attacked by three crocodiles.

Jonathan Mthethwa of the Saint of the Last Days church brought his congregation to the area known locally as Crocodile River before attempting his biblical recreation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4505420/Pastor-eaten-crocodiles-demonstrating-Jesus-water-walk.html#ixzz4h7eivtNk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Well clearly his faith was not strong enough.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1088868313497266?journalCode=psra

A meta-analysis of 63 studies showed a significant negative association between intelligence and religiosity. The association was stronger for college students and the general population than for participants younger than college age; it was also stronger for religious beliefs than religious behavior. For college students and the general population, means of weighted and unweighted correlations between intelligence and the strength of religious beliefs ranged from −.20 to −.25 (mean r = −.24). Three possible interpretations were discussed. First, intelligent people are less likely to conform and, thus, are more likely to resist religious dogma. Second, intelligent people tend to adopt an analytic (as opposed to intuitive) thinking style, which has been shown to undermine religious beliefs. Third, several functions of religiosity, including compensatory control, self-regulation, self-enhancement, and secure attachment, are also conferred by intelligence. Intelligent people may therefore have less need for religious beliefs and practices.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
One of these is not like the other.
The suspect’s mother, Mary Christian, told HuffPost early Saturday that she had no idea that her son might have been involved.

“It’s scary,” she said. “I can’t imagine he would do anything like this, unless he was on drugs or something. He’s been in prison, he’s always been spouting anti-establishment stuff but he’s a nice person I just can’t imagine.”
Christian has previously been convicted for felony robbery, kidnapping and possession of weapons. He will be arraigned in Multnomah County Court on Monday, where he may face additional charges, authorities say.

He’s also had ties to white supremacy in the area, according to authorities. On April 29, police confiscated a baseball bat from him at a “March for Free Speech” rally, after which he screamed racial epithets and gave the Nazi salute throughout the day, the Portland Mercury reports.

Police said they were familiar with him but they did not see him as a threat to public safety, adding that he suffered from mental illness. His mother told HuffPost Saturday that she didn’t believe he was mentally ill.
Oops......

Hollywood transit center was my old MAX stop. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

"Wassup?"

"I'll cup your balls like this when I stick it in her ass"

"Then I will violate both of you with this stick"

"Then I will smash your faces together until they have to identify your bodies with fingerprints"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Because women

According to Pope Francis's former competitor for the role of the Vatican's leader, Cardinal Raymond Burke, the rampant crisis of pedophile priests was brought on by women who "feminized" the church and discouraged "manly" men from participating in clerical life.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What exactly is RIDEMONKEY?

Let's break it down
RI: Gaelic word for King
DEMON: Supernatural Malevolent being
KEY: A means of unlocking something

So RiDemonKey is the pathway to the king demon: SATAN!

RiDemonKey.com is the pathway to SATAN!

So fucking metal

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout: