Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Wonder what the balance of horrid things done in the name of an allegedly just and forgiving God™ vs. cool, good and beneficial things done in the name of an allegedly cool and groovy God™ looks like?

The whole stupid ME conflict is all one big holy dick swinging match run amok...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I am not religious.
But hot damn, this guy gets it.
Please watch.

(of course, he is still delusional, but it’s a step in the right direction, I guess?)

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
How broad a brush are we using here? Let me play Devils advocate (see what I did there?) for a moment. If the argument is that religion is some kind of mass psychosis because its people believing in things they cant prove, aren't atheists just as psychotic in that they also can not prove that "God" does not exist?
You missed one thing Brother. The Onus as Mr.Hitchens has said,is on the Religion.

Avy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've never heard/read much of anything from Sagan not being native to these shores. But this works for me.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've never heard/read much of anything from Sagan not being native to these shores. But this works for me.

I have every book he ever published. They are amazing, you should read them all. The older ones some of the science is outdated, has been amended or even disproven, but he was first and foremost a scientist and that would have been just fine by him.

As for me and my house, we shall worship Science.

1728676796933.jpeg