Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If anyone else is watching "1923", I'm appreciating the coverage of how fucked religion is/was, regarding "educating the natives" in a mainstream entertainment show.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Meh. All religions require the suspension of disbelief. Other have just had a few centuries to become fully indoctrinated into our society with rituals and morals that even the most devout non believers follow.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OK, morons.
You missed an "m", there, Cap'n.

Meh. All religions require the suspension of disbelief. Other have just had a few centuries to become fully indoctrinated into our society with rituals and morals that even the most devout non believers follow.
You're not wrong. There was some loco stuff in there that was new to me, though. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's kind of the entire premise of religion. Whatever you believe=true! Everyone has their own little flavor to suite their perceptions and feelings.
I was raised Catholic, but a combo of maturity and the the whole Father Oli situation made me realize better. I admit my faith helped me through stuff when I was younger, but not enough to justify keeping it.