Quantcast

Explanation of the 10 dimensions

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I find this helps me get halfway there:

It's all plain sailing up to this point, the later dimension are the harder ones.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
it was pretty good to see, although the author is a recording studio owner, and i´m not very confident of your average studio owner`s grasp of physics...

the whole idea of superstrigs are still not subject to "falsibility" (or whatever you spell popper´s criteria)....

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
ALEXIS_DH said:
it was pretty good to see, although the author is a recording studio owner, and i´m not very confident of your average studio owner`s grasp of physics...

the whole idea of superstrigs are still not subject to "falsibility" (or whatever you spell popper´s criteria)....
Well, falsifiability is certainly an issue, but there are tests in the works to explore some aspects of superstring theory. There are parts of it that are testable, and falsifiable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
very cool. i like how they incorporate parallel universe theory into it. (haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing yet, i'm at work).

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
oh man

I think I discussed this once with a group of friends in November 1995 after a Phish show while sitting under some trippy looking lighting on some grass in the middle of Syracuse....

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
MudGrrl said:
oh man

I think I discussed this once with a group of friends in November 1995 after a Phish show while sitting under some trippy looking lighting on some grass in the middle of Syracuse....
Any conclusions?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what i find the most interesting about n-dimension theory is how some extreme upper level math and quantum physics (and some universal scale gravitational models too i think) only works with more than 7 dimensions.

I read a while back on digg that there are some mathemeticians close to mathematically proving the 5th dimension. i'll look for the article...

edit: i was confused about the mathematical proof on dimension #5. it was using string theory to explain the entropy of black holes (no actual information on the topic, just a statement that it explains how matter doesn't dissappear into a blackhole, which would violate thermodynamics law #2) http://www.physorg.com/news70021180.html

another interesting article about multiple dimensions:
http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn9484-mini-solar-system-could-reveal-hidden-dimensions.html

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
kinghami3 said:
Any conclusions?
the pizza place up the street had some pretty trippy floor tiles and ceiling fans.

and....
when a chick starts telling the group that she likes to kiss other girls, and to bathe with other girls........ she'll probably deny it the next day (like it's a bad thing)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MudGrrl said:
oh man

Hahahaha....I think we've met before.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
MudGrrl said:
I think I discussed this once with a group of friends in November 1995 after a Phish show while sitting under some trippy looking lighting while on some killer grass in the middle of Syracuse....
I just tried to emulate your experience while on my lunchbreak, but this guy showed up out of nowhere and started fuggin' with me for no good reason!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
is there ever any conclusions in stoner convos? or at least ones thats can be remembered?
Weed will never unlock the answers to the universe. You need 'shrooms for that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ciaran said:
Weed will never unlock the answers to the universe. You need 'shrooms for that.
The problem is making the rest of the world take the shrooms so your conclusions will make sense to anyone else.