Quantcast

Explosive Airisol Tire Mounting

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
If it is that hard to seat the bead you've got issues. Wrong/bad rims, wrong/bad tires, wrong/bad technique. One tip: mount the tire w/ a tube first and fully seat the bead. Then deflate it and just pull off one side of the bead and slip or cut the tube out. That leaves you w/ one side already seated.

90% of the time a floor pump works.

However, I will contribute $10 to your recovery fund if you promise to use a can of WD-40 and record it! :D

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I usually just use a compressor but without one I've used the "seat the bead with a tube" and the strap methods. I've never used the explosive method on anything but seen it done on a lot of truck tires. If it works on bike tires with sealant it would by far be the easiest method when there's no compressor around.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
If im stuck without a compressor and floor pump wont do (Topeak Joe Blow mountain hi volume is kewl) I use a CO2 cannister. Just make sure you rotate the valve to the top as the CO2 can freeze the sealant.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Removable valve cores on the stans valves and putting in the sealant once the tyre is seated is my preferred method with the stans.

Last edited: