Quantcast

Expressions you hate and wish people would stop using?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
oh boy i have to vent in this thread!
i hate the following
"basically" as in "its basically snowing out". really? its not snowing, its basically snowing. it is or it isnt, theres no gray area there.
when watching some sports analysis on TV the guys say "the <name>s need to XXX", as in "the Tom Bradys and Deion Branchs need to carry this team". Wow, didnt know there were two Tom Bradys on the same team
and I hate hate hate sports euphimisms in the real world. Case in point, Ive been watching Donald Trumps show lately and its STREWN with them. I heard "step up to the plate" or "hit a homerun" or something equally inane probably 15 times last week. YOURE NOT PLAYING GOD DAMN BASEBALL!! RAAAAARRRR!
These phrase enrage me, when someone says one, it makes me want to cockpunch them

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I heard a girl use the term chillax at the grocery store about 10 times in a 30 second time span. It almost launched me into a 4 state killing spree.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
I heard a girl use the term chillax at the grocery store about 10 times in a 30 second time span. It almost launched me into a 4 state killing spree.
How in God's name did she use it? Instead of actual verbs? :think:

Don't go on a 4-state spree - just disembowel her so she gets to watch.............

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
How in God's name did she use it? Instead of actual verbs? :think:

Don't go on a 4-state spree - just disembowel her so she gets to watch.............

It would have been a domino effect. As I disemboweled her I'm sure her dip**** boyfriend would have told me to chillax..........

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
She got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (think real small Burnese Mountain Dog), and she refers to it as her little "n....r" or "boo". I've told her it bothers me, yet she feels that "if they can call each other that, why should it bother you?". Come on, it's a respect thing as far as I'm concerned.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
I can't think of anything more romantic than his and her disembowelments. :thumb:
Do you even think for a nanosecond before you post?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Do you even think for a nanosecond before you post?
I'm sure a nanosecond of though from SS, or anyone else for that matter, would be a good week worth of concentrated thought from you.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - who scribbled on the dog's eye?
It's a skull and crossbones eye patch. Capt' puddles there lost his eye from a flying splinter when the main mast broke, yaaaargh.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I'm sure a nanosecond of though from SS, or anyone else for that matter, would be a good week worth of concentrated thought from you.
Wow - pretty decent, but as you can see by SS's response, he does not put any thought into his posts. Oh - in response to your comment. Cu*t :eviltongu

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Bwahhhhhhhhhh now that's f'ing funny!!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Westy said:
one of my profs says "uh" and "ummmmmm" 10 times every minute for 90mins. ****ing annoying.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
It might have been said already but I hate:

"Vegas Baby, Vegas". I want to stab people when they say that.

and

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

"Woo Hoo"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Craw said:
It might have been said already but I hate:

"Vegas Baby, Vegas". I want to stab people when they say that.

and

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

"Woo Hoo"
I recommend you stay away from Las Vegas.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
mantispf2000 said:
She got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (think real small Burnese Mountain Dog), and she refers to it as her little "n....r" or "boo". I've told her it bothers me, yet she feels that "if they can call each other that, why should it bother you?". Come on, it's a respect thing as far as I'm concerned.
Punch her in the stomach next time she does it and smear dog crap in her face. I bet that'll fix it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
"I'm all about the"

"Dawg"

"That's money right there."

"That's how I roll"

"Mah peeps..."

"This thread is worthless without pics"

"Stay the course..."

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i just thought of another thing that enrages me more than anything! refering to your favorite sports team as "we" as in, "we just won the superbowl". really, dumbass? show me your ring. what position did you play again? oh yeah, center couch

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
luken8r said:
i just thought of another thing that enrages me more than anything! refering to your favorite sports team as "we" as in, "we just won the superbowl". really, dumbass? show me your ring. what position did you play again? oh yeah, center couch
"We're pregnant"

:think:

"Having a bad morning, are we?"

:nuts:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
"Know what I'm sayin?"

as in, "Blahbiddy blah ebonic spew.......blah know what I'm sayin, blah blah blah urban wanna be talk blah know what I'm sayin"

no mother ****er, I in fact don't know what you're saying, nor do I give a flying f#ck, so shut the hell up :nuts: :nuts: :mad: :nuts:

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
and the subsequent "Cowgirl Up"

damn wanna be goat ropers, probably never stepped in cow sh1t in their farking life
I hate cowboy wannabees more than you can know. I especially hated the Garth wannabees in OKC when I lived there. :mumble: They caused many brawls.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah, they think they're all billy ruff n tuff after they get a few beers down em and because they're wearing a satellite dish on their belt that they are chuck norris or something

they anger me to even have to see them, let alone deal with them in society