Quantcast

Ex's...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A friend of mines ex left her after he found out he was going to be a dad.

His loss.

ncxj

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Garner, NC
Yea, that is one interesting difference between men and women. I think it might just come down to that fact that, in general, men can "turn-off" their emotions easier than women. I wish I could do it sometimes...but then again, it's all part of who I am I guess. The part that really sucks about the emotional baggage is that it's not just you who has to cope with it, those in your next relationship have to deal with it as well because there are some things that just stick with you longer than others and are a lot harder to overcome. Also, women will talk about their emotions more so people are more aware of them I think.QUOTE]

I dont know about turning our emotions off, maybe just hiding them better because no one really cares that much anyways, and its rediculous to burden others with problems they cant fix.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I dont know about turning our emotions off, maybe just hiding them better because no one really cares that much anyways, and its rediculous to burden others with problems they cant fix.

Crashby was just noticing that women tend to place more "value" on the emotional problems then men. And telling someone about being screwed emotionally is no different than telling someone about being screwed finanically. No one can fix either of those problems for someone else, but also sometimes people just need to know they're not alone (and can raise awareness of some domestic issues out there).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Crashby was just noticing that women tend to place more "value" on the emotional problems then men. And telling someone about being screwed emotionally is no different than telling someone about being screwed finanically. No one can fix either of those problems for someone else, but also sometimes people just need to know they're not alone (and can raise awareness of some domestic issues out there).
I care.:brows:

There's some truth in that post. But speaking personally, I've gotten very good at not dwelling on things that have no solution. I did that once and went crazy......literally. I think this is standard practice for men whereas women fixate on distress whether it can be resolved or not.

So either I've gotten to know myself well enough to address what can be, and leave the unresoved to the past........or I'm going to wig out one day and start having sex with fire hydrants and scolding my socks.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
My ex started fvcking a (ex) friend of mine (who is half again her age) while I was away at college, and they married shortly after our divorce. Friends from back home tell me he treats her like a 5 year old and she seems happy with it. More power to the fvcking bitch

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Hahahahahhahahahaha!

thats so not true at all
Hehehe...seems I've just been gettin' screwed on this whole deal because the majority of men in my life wouldn't know how to vocalize their emotions if their life depended on it. Unless of course you count mean and surly behavior that is (or complete indifference!) :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hehehe...seems I've just been gettin' screwed on this whole deal because the majority of men in my life wouldn't know how to vocalize their emotions if their life depended on it. Unless of course you count mean and surly behavior that is (or complete indifference!) :eek:

Guys just have a narrow range of emotions. Happy or surly pretty covers it all.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I don't know why, but today I thought of my ex. I wonder if she is still alive.

Anyone else divorced? I know Stinkyboy has been around the block several times.

Here's a pic of my ex. Yes, that IS an upside-down cross on her forehead.

:twitch:
How soon till she needs some cash and sells her soul on ebay?