Quantcast

Extreme Downhill Amature Video Ackshun!

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
making bike videos = :banghead:

thanks to the people who make biking fun though. there are a few of you. i no longer understand folks concerned with the latest fad, the freshest fashion, the lamest doo doo... i've got no more time for that noise. biking is about having fun with good company and that was going to be the point of Hometown Heroes. but then i had my accounting guys run the numbers and it turns out making mountain bike videos is only slightly less profitable these days than burning fat wads of cash. everyone only wants to buy the dvd if it's got the big names and big budget. bro-vids have been relegated to the web. so here's a few clips of some bros and such, sorry to get preachy or something. hope you enjoy:

http://vimeo.com/990918

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Great vid. I actually liked the footage of your friends as much as the pros. Don't get discourage about the nature of people, especially riders to be cheap and unappreciative. If you have tenacity, marketability and someting unique to offer, people will find it. If nothing else, you have created something cool you can look back on and share.

neverwalk

Chimp
Sep 30, 2007
Dude, assuming none of that is speeded up (and it doesn't look like it was...) that was awesome footage.
Mad Props. Totally captured the speed and reflexes required for fast DH.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
It would have been better if Sam Hill was in it.
i'm specifically leaving sam hill clips out of anything i ever make.

that "jump" was the result of a heavy winter and a trail that doesnt see much use. and also lots and lots of machete use. haha. loved those clips, i'd have put more in if i wasnt afraid it would lose the effect.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
i'm specifically leaving sam hill clips out of anything i ever make.

that "jump" was the result of a heavy winter and a trail that doesnt see much use. and also lots and lots of machete use. haha. loved those clips, i'd have put more in if i wasnt afraid it would lose the effect.

And now I want to watch MORE of your videos...

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
really well done. i actually liked the whole grassroots vibe, it made the video unique and gave an snapshot of the local riding scene, along with some well-known guys thrown in. great use of alternate footage and some really good cinematography. keep up the good work.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Hows about you shut up and make more vids with all the footage you're now not going to use.:D

I don't know the story obviously but it's apparent you like doing it enough to set those shots up. Call yourself 'disgruntled productions' and get on with the show eh?

I own MANY videos without the fashionable rockstars of the day. And so do thousands of other people.

Keep up the good work beyotch.;)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
mainly wanted to get a quick thing of the bangers out there. the riders put in the hard work of shredding. the least i could do is at least put them out there. there may be more stuff later if i get the motivation, who knows. i think the most recent of that footage is MSA from last year? most of it over a year old though. i got tired of seeing it sit on my hard drive. glad people dig it though, thanks for the feedback.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
making bike videos = :banghead:

making mountain bike videos is only slightly less profitable these days than burning fat wads of cash.
Kevin I def hear you and FEEL you on this one. I made my first DVD this year, had tons of good feedback on the video...but I'm still thousands and thousands away from recouping my expenses on the whole project.

But if I wanted to make a decent profit on it I never would have released it for free via the web (which btw, is where its all going anyways) Like Spintek said, its something I can look back on and say I accomplished one of my biggest goals in the past few years....and at least im in debt with only a girlfriend and an apt instead of in debt with a house and kids.

Keep it up dude. The video rocks. You rock. Ignore the haters and do your thang.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
"left overs from a project that never came to be. thanks to everyone who made mountain biking fun. eff all the haters and cheap asses."

Is that some sort of good bye?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
Yo Justin,

i totally agree with you. making a dvd was a sweet experience. i have a lot of good memories from the summer of shooting. i wouldnt trade it for anything. plus i learned more about working on a larger scale project than i ever did in school.

oh and sandia was awesome. those trails were so rad.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
That was some great filiming! I think it's one of the best "teasers" to date (that is if you were going to make it a movie).