Quantcast

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
not tonight but I've seen a few episodes. It seems that the families are always very deserving and leaves some hope for the future of tv as well.

I'll bet if it were on Fox, it'd be called something like "extreme habit for humanity" and they'd have complete challenges to get rooms finished or something. The families would probably have to lie about the whole thing too.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
I think it's great that they're helping these families and building them new homes, but I think those hosts can tone down their enthusiasm and stop trying to steal the show..ya know..just let the work be the show, it's cool like that..

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Mike B. said:
not tonight but I've seen a few episodes. It seems that the families are always very deserving and leaves some hope for the future of tv as well.

I'll bet if it were on Fox, it'd be called something like "extreme habit for humanity" and they'd have complete challenges to get rooms finished or something. The families would probably have to lie about the whole thing too.
tonight's was for a family that consisted of a deaf mom and dad, an autistic younger child, and an older (14yr, i think) child who had no disabilities. among other things, the older child was given a $50,000 scholarship.

it makes me happy that one of these makeover shows is actually helping people in need.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
the Inbred said:
tonight's was for a family that consisted of a deaf mom and dad, an autistic younger child, and an older (14yr, i think) child who had no disabilities. among other things, the older child was given a $50,000 scholarship.

it makes me happy that one of these makeover shows is actually helping people in need.
This was the best one I've seen so far. And the autistic child was blind. It's awesome to see that there are shows that really use some of the network's money to good use and helping out people that are in such need or are struggling to live in their current home and such. It's also cool that they don't just build them a house, they do other things like give that kid scholarships and just help out other parts of their lives as well.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ok, so I watched it tonight and that one was pretty kick ass (I responded to the thread before I saw it, sorry). But, that was an amazing episode. So, in short; Great show.