Quantcast

Extreme mountainbiking in Nepal

the_moose

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
Hey all,

As a first posting, I would like to tell you about my last mountainbike trip, a quite adventurous trip on the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal. This is a trekking area with steep climbs and technical downhills. But we did it by bike in 17 days with temperatures between +40° and -15° and a maximum altitude of 5400m. One day you are on a dirt road, next day in the middle of a snow storm, next day climbing and descending into a sand storm. Life can be very beautiful...

The website with the full range of images :
http://www.mountainleaders.be/tilichomountainbiketrip/index.html

Salute,
The_Moose

the_moose

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
I have a Trek 8000 in the beautiful blue/red setup. Think it is already 4 or 5 years old but it has the perfect geometry for me !

It is XT and XTR finished, Magura hydraulic brakes and a Sid front suspension. That is all.

The pictures are from the swiss team : they had specialized bikes some hard tails, some full suspension, but all had XTR finish. Those bikes where REALLY expensive :)

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
heh heh That brings back some good memory's!! :D

I did a few expeditions mountain biking up in the Himalya's back in the mid ninetys..... First one I rode from where India (Ladakh), China and Paksitan all meet, across the Karakorums and down onto the Indian plains thru the Kulu valley.
The 2nd trip I rode from Katchenjunga down the Sikum ridge, thru Darjeeling and over to Bangladesh. And also did a trip to spend some time riding around the Kathmandu valley and over to mustang.

Good times..... I loved it up in those mountains. :love: Spent about 3 months up there all up I think?