Quantcast

eyewear?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey just want to know what kind of sunglases you guys wear, when you are not waring goggels, my old glasses just broke and i am looking to buy a good pare of glasses in the future

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I use my trustly old Smith Buzzaw slider glasses with clear lenses. I got used to not riding with goggles after a while.

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
I use Oakley's Racing Jackets, but to be honest, goggles are far better

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I've used Spy's Alloy MX goggles for a while, but don't really like running goggles. Too hot here in the summer...so race only. I also don't like the tunnel-vision effect goggles give you, unless I'm racing.
I have a hook up for cheap Oakleys, so I run those for glasses. Yellow lens XX's are what I usually use for riding. Good fit, and ventillated enough that they don't fog up, while still keeping crap and bugs out of your eyes.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Glasses just come off, maybe not the racing jackets but majority of the others do. I rock my oakley A frame snow goggles with a clear lens.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
ChrisRobin said:
I use my trustly old Smith Buzzaw slider glasses with clear lenses. I got used to not riding with goggles after a while.
same here. i've been riding DH with them lately and prefer these over the oakley goggles I have. Much better ventilation to my face, i sweat alot. :monkey:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Utopia Go glasses - Black with grey lens.

I was a longtime Oakley guy, however Utopia glasses/goggles are better. The glasses don't seem to scratch as bad as Oakleys and are very comfortable. Plus, you don't look like a clone.

The Utopia goggles blow away all others. They have a far superior face foam that absorbs the sweat that would normally be dripping into your eyes. I can run a 30 minute moto or a ton of DH runs without a sweat in the eyes issue. That was always a problem with any other goggle.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
ChrisKring said:
Utopia Go glasses - Black with grey lens.

I was a longtime Oakley guy, however Utopia glasses/goggles are better. The glasses don't seem to scratch as bad as Oakleys and are very comfortable. Plus, you don't look like a clone.

The Utopia goggles blow away all others. They have a far superior face foam that absorbs the sweat that would normally be dripping into your eyes. I can run a 30 minute moto or a ton of DH runs without a sweat in the eyes issue. That was always a problem with any other goggle.

Holla! ....course i might be a bit biased.

we've got a new set of glasses out now too - "Mastyer Cylindar" w/ intrechangeable lenses; plus 2 more glasses coming out soon. Wait for Interbike! tons of new stuff - goggles, glasses, etc

as for riding glasses.....If i'm using a full face helmet, i'll run goggles all the way. IF i'm using a skate or xc lid, then i'll wear glasses...since the trail isn't normally as bad & you typically need more ventilation.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
When it comes to riding, I would go with goggles. I use Rockgardn's new ones. If you're just looking for some shades to wear, I like Utopia's glasses.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
hey....i think i no u....do u go to my school, well id go wiht the oakly wisdoms u already spent 130 $s on...tard...lbs after shcool.....brb lol g2g btw imo u lbs

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
I picked up some pimp rhinestone trimmed, gold rimmed '70's style shades for $4 at the local gas-n-go. Equally stylish on the bike, the bar, or at Church.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I have Smith Empires. They're comfy and have 3 lenses (black w/ mirror, red and yellow). Plus they're around $100 so they're cheaper than Oakleys which imo are a waste of money.

For goggles I have no complaints with my Spy Targas. Except don't get the grey anti-fog mirror lenses, the coating scrapes off super easy.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
.:Jeenyus:. said:
:stupid:

Better protection and a bit harder to break/lose.
total better protection. friend smashed his face this year (w/ a full face helmet on even) and the bottom part of the glasses dug into his cheek and needed 14 stitches. not good

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey foxes look alright but i think i want those evil eyes addidad they have a goggle strap do you guy know what i am talking about

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
rpk1988 said:
I believe those are called the Oakley Thumps, not Thumper. Were not talking about Rabbits from Disney movies here.
I was trying to be funny. I got a pair today for my B-day..

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Kanter said:
I was trying to be funny. I got a pair today for my B-day..
Really they look sweet and the cool thing is that you can still hear your surroundings even when the music is playing. So you can run in them. Did you see when Mani Rameriza (sp???) from the Boston RS was wearing them during a game. Haha, that was classic.