Quantcast

F•r•e•e N•i•p•p•l•e•s F•r•i•d•a•y

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I love me some slouch at work...but a standing station would be better.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Fuuuuck, three hours tavelling to find out that "In Stock" does not actually mean "In Stock".

Shop has eight listening rooms and 50k stereos but they can't sort out live stock on a website, eat a fucking dick!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Was wondering how my DH time was *so* slow yesterday, taking a closer look at Strava, I somehow triggered the segment before I started, there’s time at the start where I’m just getting ready to go. Once I actually started the graph looks a lot more normal. Phew.
#vain

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, that was special. Got to ride trails from the top of the Tram in Jackson tonight, super epic. You can only ride these trails two days of the year, period. It is part of an Enduro series. Gnarly as Fuk, as you would imagine at JHMR. Doing the ‘race’ tomorrow, but I really am just doing it as a ride. My goal is to stay upright, basically.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
How’s the hand @Toshi ? They apparently have a reputation for taking ages to heal.
Boxer’s fractures shouldn’t cause too many issues. Feels better with this brace/removable splint, which mainly reminds me to not use those digits. Going to see ortho hand on Wednesday to get the full scoop.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
This is the trail in question; These guys do it in 4:06, my best time is 3:55 and I ‘normal’ do a sub 4 ‘these days’ (he says after two and bit months off). I get a small advantage on the short flat pedally bit after the initial speedy section of course with the eeb.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tactical style raid on my neighbor's porch to get my frisbee back was likely overkill. But I like using the word "overkill" so there. It was secured and unbent.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
TrainingPeaks has a really good platform for getting a schedule together. Know that running shoes are considered disposable. Get a good pair that fits VERY well, but expect to replace them every 500ish miles. Speedo has really good coaching videos for swimming. RPMs aren't as important as gliding after each stroke. And learn to breathe both sides, if you can't already.
Just coming around back to this...

The tri I signed up for is a sprint. I can bang out 450 yards with no real training without issue. My 100yd times were in the low 2 minute range with baggy shorts on. I have training from high school but definitely lack fitness, and I was a lifegaurd at a lake for a couple of years so a reasonable amount of open water swimming. Again, this is 450 yds in a pond with a staggered start and my goal is survival rather than dominance. I'm not trying to @I Are Baboon it here. The run will be the most challenging primarily because I hate running and do not have good form. I was able to get my 5k time down to 8m/mi and that's exceptional as far as I am concerned :)

I'm wagering mid-pack for the swim, top 1/3 for the bike, and bottom 1/3 for the run. I've just been talking about it for 15 years so I figure it's time to shit or get off the pot!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This is why I don't do Tris, not only do you have to run, you have to get in freaking cold water.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If there's no pie, you're last.
there is a bigass breakfast buffet, and I'm cool with that.
This is why I don't do Tris, not only do you have to run, you have to get in freaking cold water.
yeah it's dropped like 30 degrees in the mornings these days. I picked this one because I thought it would still be warm and I wouldn't need a wetsuit...ah well